Deadline: July 15, 2016
Entries are now invited for the World Summit Award Mobile (WSA-mobile) for mobile innovation with impact on society. The WSA-mobile award selects and promotes the world’s best mobile content and applications. Founded in 2010 as the sister to the World Summit Award, WSA-mobile aims biannually to raise public awareness and recognition for the highest quality, most innovative e-Content produced worldwide and to make the best products accessible and meaningful around the world.
You have a mobile application that should be shown to the world? You use mobile technology to make an impact on the society? This is an opportunity to present your social digital innovation on a global stage.
The 40 WSA mobile winners will get the chance to present their products at the WSA Global Congress in Abu Dhabi. The event will offer a platform for high level experts, industry leaders and government representatives to discuss innovation in mobile content.
- Government and Citizen Engagement
- Health and Well Being
- Learning and Education
- Environment and Green Energy
- Culture and Tourism
- Smart Settlements and Urbanization
- Business and Commerce
- Inclusion and Empowerment
Find details on the categories here.
The World Summit Award treats it’s winner to the following:
- Invitation to the WSA World Congress, which includes:
- Involvement in pitching seminars
- The opportunity to attend an award ceremony
- A project exhibition booth that allows for dialogue about your idea
- Accommodation and meals
- The possibility of travel grants.
- The opportunity to network with internationally recognized digital content developers.
- Access to the WSA community of global experts and industry leaders from over 178 countries.
- Interaction with world-renowned sponsors and partners of the WSA community.
- Workshops that will aid you in making your project in obtaining global recognition.
- A video that highlights your project in extensive detail.
- Special placement on WSA website.
- Long-term coverage within all WSA editorial channels such as Blogs, Articles, Success Stories, Twitter and Facebook.
The nomination for the World Summit Award is already a win – these are your rewards:
- Receive more coverage on your product
- The WSA provides nominees with press templates and helps them to gain the attention of national media with the support of our international team of high class media and ICT experts.
- Receive a World Summit Award nominee seal which you can use on your websites, your social media channels and your publications.
- Earn a chance to receive feedback from the Grand Jury.
- Being nominated for the World Summit Award means that your product is the best in the country in one of the 8 categories.
- WSA is open to any company, organisation or individual in the content industry in any UN and UNESCO member state.
- The interface of the products can be in any of the United Nations official languages. All producer and project information must however be in English. General language of the WSA is English.
- The World Summit Award (WSA) looks for digital applications that have a strong impact on society in one of the 8 WSA categories. WSA focusses on content depth, stratig value and local impact of a product.
- Submissions for the WSA 2016 can contain mobile applications, sms based products, mobile games and interactive mobile productions.
- All submissions have to be launched produts. No drafts, demonstrations or unfinished projects can be accepted.
- All submitted products must have been completed after Jan. 1, 2014. For a project or product completed earlier the submitters have to document that significant alterations and / or improvements and / or additions have been made in the period thereafter.
- A product can only be submitted for one category. In case of multiple submissions by the same organisation, company or team, each product requires a separate registration. Submissions which have been submitted in the WSA in previous years cannot be submitted again. For a project which has been already submitted before, the submitters have to document significant alterations and / or improvements and / or additions.
- Any submitted product must be free of offensive or plagiarized content and may not violate human rights as laid out in the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights and its application by international human rights courts or panels recognized by the United Nations Organization.
WSA evaluation criteria for best practice in e-Contents and applications
- CONTENT. Quality and comprehensiveness
- FUNCTIONALITY. ease of use, user experience, appropriate interactivity
- DESIGN: navigation / orientation and visual appeal
- TECHNOLOGY: state of the art in technology and quality of technical realisation
- INNOVATION: Originality and newness to targeted users, Business model society and market
- IMPACT (Local Impact / Impact on society)
- GLOBAL / UN VALUE
How to Participate
Application and submission of projects to the WSA
- Taking part in the WSA is eligible through either of the following: (1) to be nominated by a national expert, (2) to be nominated by a National WSA Committee, established by a national expert, (3) to win at a national WSA pre-selection contest.
- Submitting a product to the evaluation and selection process does by no means entitle a producer to any benefits. There is no way of challenging this decision legally.
- Submission is free of charge.
Participation in the WSA is possible through national contests and expert panel selection. Listed below are the steps you will take to achieve international recognition.
- Contact your national expert. To do this, email the WSA office at [email protected] or scroll to the bottom of this page where you will find an interactive map.
- Once you have contacted your expert, they will go through the steps you will need to take in order to qualify for national selection with you.
- After your expert gets in touch with you, they will review your project as well as any other submissions that come in for your country and they will select projects to move to online review. They select eight, one for each category of the WSA. The national winners in the eight WSA categories are submitted by the Eminent Expert from each country.
- If your project is selected as a WSA National Nominee, your project details will be entered into WSA’s online database by your national expert.
- Once your project information is entered, you will be sent a username and password for the WSA database. Directions for this process can be found here. Please make sure your Expert enters a correct mail address.
- As soon as you have logged on to the WSA’s online database, and have entered your project description as described here, an email will be sent to you confirming your submission is complete.
For more information and to participate, visit World Summit Award