Warsaw Euro-Atlantic Summer Academy 2016 (Fully-Funded)
Deadline: April 30, 2016
The College of Europe Natolin Campus, the German Marshall Fund of the United States (GMF) and the Polish-American Freedom Foundation announce a call for applications for the fourth edition of the Warsaw Euro-Atlantic Summer Academy (WEASA).
WEASA 2016 edition will be devoted to the issue of “Regional Policy and Regional Development: Euro-Atlantic Support to Eastern Partnership Countries”. WEASA 2016 program aims to introduce participants to the changes in priorities and architecture of external support introduced in 2015 by the European Union and the United States; provide a forum for dialogue on shaping future support based on EaP comments, concerns, expectations and recommendations, and examine four areas within regional policy and regional development.
- Travel, boarding and accommodation costs will be covered.
- Open to policy analysts, experts, advisers, public servants, private sector specialists, journalists and NGOs from the Eastern Partnership region, focusing on the issues of European integration, regional policy and regional development, management of external support, and/or state transformation processes and transatlantic cooperation;
- Participants must have citizenship and permanent residence in one of the Eastern Partnership countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine;
- Priority will be given to mid-career professionals with at least five years of experience in the aforementioned programmatic areas.
- English language proficiency is required.
To apply, complete the online application form.
- You will need to provide the following information: personal data; contact details; work experience; education; language skills; contact details of two persons willing to provide a reference for you.
- A Cover letter – a short (up to 3 pages) statement in English explaining the candidate’s interest in WEASA and expectations of the program is a compulsory attachment.
- Optional Attachments:
- Writing sample – a text in English authored by the candidate which covers the topic related to the thematic scope of current WEASA edition.
- Other relevant attachments: certificates, reference letters etc.
- Please upload the attachments in pdf format.
For more information, visit 2016 WEASA.