Apply for Andela Fellowship 2016 – A Paid Technical Leadership Program
Deadline: May 21 and June 24, 2016
Applications are now open for the 2016 Andela Fellowship, a four-year, paid technical leadership program designed to shape you into an elite software developer. Are you dreaming of using technology to change the world? The Andela Fellowship is for you. Through your training and work with top global technology companies, you’ll master the professional and technical skills needed to become a technology leader, both on the continent and around the world.
About the Program
Andela’s four-year Technical Leadership Program is a blend of personalized instruction, supported self-study and hands-on experience building real products. Instead of paying tuition, as you would for a traditional academic program, you’ll earn a competitive salary and benefits throughout your four years with Andela.
After successfully completing the initial training period, you’ll be fully prepared to start working with one of our clients as a full-time, distributed team member. During the remaining 3.5 years, you’ll apply your knowledge to client work, while receiving ongoing professional and technical development, coaching and mentorship.
- Competitive monthly salary
- High speed fibre internet
- Financing plans for accommodations and a Macbook Pro
- Breakfast and lunch Monday through Friday
- Healthcare coverage
- Savings account ($5,000 USD upon completion of Fellowship)
- A community of excellence
- A chance to change the world
- As you advance in the program, you’ll mentor and support the next generation of Andela fellows.
- The Technical Leadership Program prepares you for endless career paths, including founding your own company, moving into management positions at Andela, and taking leadership roles at local and global tech companies.
- Graduates become a part of an exclusive alumni network and have access to career support, advice and opportunities.
Andela is not easy. Andela is a commitment, and in many ways a sacrifice. But it is a worthwhile one, and if you give it your all, you will become truly world-class.
Open to Nigerians and Kenyans
- Stage 1: Application and Aptitude Assessment
First, you’ll complete a free application so we can learn more about you. Once we receive your application, we’ll email you an online test that measures logical reasoning and personality fit. (You’ll receive an email with the next steps within 2-days of applying)
- Stage 2: HomeStudy
Then you’ll need to complete an introduction to software development self-study course focused on Python. During the course, you’ll complete a Proctor test that will evaluate your knowledge of the content you’ve learned. You will also be invited to a Slack Community called “Open Andela” to help guide and encourage you throughout the process.
- Stage 3: In-Person Interview
If selected, you’ll be invited to a panel of interviews made up of staff members and fellows at an Andela Campus. (You’ll receive an email 1 week prior to the interview stage. Please see below for the recruitment timeline).
- Stage 4: Two-Week Boot Camp
Successful applicants participate in a two-week, full-time bootcamp at an Andela Campus led by our senior developers. You’ll be expected to learn independently as well as work on a team to deliver a final project. We’re looking for work ethic, passion, and teamwork.
- Stage 5: Acceptance
The highest performing participants are accepted into Andela’s four-year Technical Leadership Program.
- Deadline: June 24
- Interviews: July 18-29
- Boot camp: August 15-26
- Deadline: May 21
- Interviews: June 2-3
- Boot camp: June 6-17
For more information, visit Andela Fellowship.