Georgetown University MSFS Scholarship for Africans 2017/19 (Full-Tuition Covered)
Deadline: January 15, 2017
The Master of Science in Foreign Service (MSFS) at Georgetown University is offering a full-tuition scholarship for a talented graduate student from sub-Saharan Africa.
MSFS is a two-year, full-time graduate degree program in international affairs. Students will take courses in international relations, international trade, international finance, statistics and analytical tools, and history. In addition, students choose an area of concentration such as Global Politics and Security, International Development, or Global Business and Finance.
The Master of Science in Foreign Service (MSFS) is a professional master’s degree in the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University. Its goal is to prepare women and men to be creative leaders in the public, private and non-profit sectors of international affairs. In keeping with the vision of the School’s founder, Father Edmund A. Walsh, S.J., MSFS seeks to instill in its students a commitment to service in the international community and an appreciation for the ethical dimension of international affairs.
- A completed undergraduate degree from an accredited university and a strong academic record;
- One set of standardized test scores: TOEFL/IELTS or GRE/GMAT (for more information on which test applicants need to take, visit http://msfs.georgetown.edu/admissions/faq#standardized);
- Completion of a course in microeconomics and a course in macroeconomics, or ability to complete both courses before August 1 of their matriculating year;
- Professional work experience, ideally in a field related to their future professional goals. Students have an average of four years of work experience prior to joining MSFS.
- Open to Africans, however special consideration will be given to applicants from:
- Côte d’Ivoire
- South Africa
How to Apply
To be considered for the scholarship, applicants must submit all required application materials
- online application,
- personal statement,
- official transcripts and test scores,
- letters of recommendation
- Supplemental Data Sheet & Foreign Language Proficiency
- Non-refundable $90 application fee
For complete information on required application items, please visit http://msfs.georgetown.edu/admissions/howtoapply.
The scholarship will be awarded based on the strength of the student’s application in the admissions process.
For more information, visit MSFS Georgetown University.