AfriGrowth Foundation Innovation Challenge 2016
Deadline: July 29, 2016
Are you ready for a challenge? Brimming with Ideas and waiting for the opportunity to let them out? Then this is definitely for you. AfriGrowth Foundation Innovative Challenge is an avenue where Teenagers and Youths are given the opportunity to come up with creative ideas using technology to improve learning and education in Nigeria. The Challenge will encourage the development of apps, websites or online services that help achieve this.
Training and Development
Finalists win the opportunity to develop and refine their ideas during a Nine week incubation period at our partner incubation hubs. The focus will be on developing a service that can be implemented and replicated in Nigeria.
During this training, Finalist will learn how to:
- Conduct market research and develop a business plan;
- Create and test their ideas and develop business models;
- Develop business skills including public speaking, presentation, leadership and teamwork;
- Pitch to prospective investors.
- 10 semifinalists will win entry into the AfriGrowth Foundation Forum, held in September 2016, with a VIP experience that includes interacting with potential funders, founders of incubation hubs and start up experts;
- 7 finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their startup to a live audience and panel of esteemed judges, funders and media at the AfriGrowth Forum for a chance to win the incubation, development and implementation of their ideas;
- Mentorship by individuals working for one of the technology companies in the Fortune 500 list;
- Media feature on African Independent Television (AIT).
- Candidates must be between the ages of 16-35 years;
- Individuals will be judged on scalability, impact it has on learning and education, Innovation and creativity, uniqueness of idea and presentation.
- Come up with an innovative idea for improving literacy and education in Nigeria using Technology;
- Complete the Application Form or Make a short video explaining your idea and upload it to a public platform (e.g. YouTube);
- Submit your application or send the link to your video;
- Successful Candidates will be contacted September 2016.
For more information, visit AfriGrowth Foundation Innovation Challenge 2016.