Google Digital News Journalist Fellowships 2016/17 – Reuters Institute, Oxford
Deadline: June 17, 2016.
The Reuters Institute is seeking applications for Google Digital News Journalist Fellowships as part of its world renowned Journalist Fellowship Programme based at the Reuters Institute in Oxford. There are two fellowships available for two terms (6 months) starting in either October 2016 or January 2017 and they are aimed at mid-career journalists resident in one of the continental European countries (listed below) which will be covered in the 2017 Reuters Institute Digital News Report.
- You must have a minimum of five years’ experience working as a journalist in any specialism.
- You will be able to demonstrate a level of English that allows you to participate fully in the programme and write a research paper of publishable quality.
- You will be given priority if you’re proposing a research project within one of the Reuters Institute for the Study of Journalism’s areas of focus. More details on what these areas are can be found here.
- This fellowship is open to mid-career journalists resident in one of the continental European countries: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Ireland, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey.
Applications will be assessed on the basis of three main criteria:
- The quality of the professional achievements of the journalist given the stage in their career
- Their potential and interest in being part of an international programme and of contributing to and making best use of the opportunity presented by the fellowship
- The quality of their detailed research proposal and their proposed ideas on how they might promote their findings for the benefit of their colleagues and the industry more generally.
How to Apply
Please follow this application guidelines.
- Make sure you are eligible to apply
- Decide which fellowship funding you will apply for.
- Check the application deadlines.
- Check which application materials you need to prepare.
- Write the required research proposal and personal statement.
- Choose your work samples.
- Ask 2 people to write letters of recommendation.
- Complete the online application form, remembering to attach all the required application materials.
See full details on application guidelines here.
For more information, visit Reuters Institute, University of Oxford