Apply to the Rest and Refuge Scholarship 2016 – Berlin, Germany (Funded)
Deadline: June 30, 2016
Rest and Refuge Scholarship is a new project run by Reporters without Borders Germany and taz Panter Foundation, a non-profit organization linked to die tageszeitung (taz), the daily newspaper in Berlin. The scholarship invites two journalists from countries in crisis or war to stay in Berlin. They are offered a time of refuge and rest up to three months. The first journalist will be invited from September to November 2016, the second from November 2016 to January 2017.
- Organizers offer travel expenses, a decent apartment, pocket money and free transportation in Berlin for up to three months.
- Journalists who need a time out from their difficult working conditions. This might be the case after covering stories in an oppressive environment or after covering stories in war or unrest;
- Journalists who feel the need to lie low awhile and get out of the view of state security because of their journalistic work.
- Participants have to be able to communicate in basic English or in German.
- Participants should have a relevant working-experience as journalists.
- They must have the intention to return to their country after three months.
Note: Please do not send more than 5MB.
For more information, visit Rest and Refuge Scholarship.