Swedish Program for ICT in Developing Regions (Funding Available)
Deadline: June 28, 2016
Swedish Program for ICT in Developing Regions (SPIDER) is excited to announce an open call in the thematic area of Education. The objective of the present call is to receive project proposals that are ready to be implemented and can deliver concrete results.
This call will focus on proposals targeting primary and secondary schools. SPIDER also encourages applications from organisations and institutions of learning that are teaching in refugee camps. Organisations and institutions of learning that are not teaching in refugee camps are welcome to submit a proposal.
- Spider will allocate 1 million SEK per project and will fund projects in education that will start end of 2016 till the end of 2018.
- Applications will be accepted from organisations and institutions of learning from the 13 priority countries for Swedish development cooperation: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
- Projects should be able to deliver concrete results to the following short term outcomes in Education:
- Students/Learners have ICT-based access to education and digital content is available;
- Institutions of learning and related civil society organisations have strengthened capacity in accessible education, capacity building of teachers and content development.
- If you consider your organisation to be eligible for support in the open call, fill in the Template for Open Call in Education 2016;
- Spider requests applicants to send the one page concept note together with the following documents:
- An externally audited annual report
- Audit management letter
- The organisation’s proof of registration
- Send the application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than midnight Central European Time on Tuesday June 28, 2016. Specify in the subject head education call and name of the organization;
- Applications that exceed the one page limit will be rejected;
- The application must be written in English, font Times New Roman size 10;
- Hand-written applications will be rejected.
For more information, visit Swedish Program for ICT in Developing Regions.