Deadline: September 23, 2016
Applications for the annual Google RISE awards is currently open! The Google RISE Awards is an annual grants program for nonprofit organizations worldwide that promote computer science education opportunities. Google RISE – Roots in Science and Engineering – Awards are designed to promote and support Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) and Computer Science (CS) education initiatives.
The RISE program includes:
- Capacity building: Access to a 12-month capacity building program that connects awardees with Google expertise
- Financial support: Grants of $10,000-$25,000
- Operational support: Customized to the needs of the organization, such as volunteers or pro bono consulting
- A community of practice: Continued peer engagement through a community of practice connects awardees, alumni, and beyond so that communities around the world can learn from best practices and lessons learned.
Priority are given to applicants
- Are small and mighty with the potential to scale through programmatic expansion or achieve broader reach by sharing information with other organizations
- Operate with clearly defined objectives, viable plans to achieve them, and a track record of success that the program can be executed as described
- Have deep roots in the community the program seeks to benefit, including partnerships or collaboration to continue engaging youth
- Implement a program that is connected to a compelling problem and there is evidence that the project is needed in the community
- Are data driven, and can provide evidence of quantifying impact or have a clear plan in place for measuring impact in the future
- Meet all funding criteria, including:
- CS programs in out-of-school time: We fund organizations that currently run extracurricular computer science programs
- Increasing equity: Programs must serve girls, underrepresented minorities, or youth in low-income communities
- Pre-university age youth: Programs should benefit youth up to the age of 18 and are not open to programs for students already enrolled in university or above
- Not-for-profit organizations: RISE Awards are limited to not-for-profit organizations with charitable registration status or a fiscal sponsor from one of the countries listed below
- See full guidelines here.
How to Apply
Complete the online application here.
For more information, visit Google RISE Awards