Western Illinois University Scholarship for International Students 2017
Deadline: October 1, 2016
Western Illinois University offers the International Commitment Scholarship to qualified undergraduate and graduate students (students who are not US citizens). The awards are based upon GPA and full time enrollment in a degree program at WIU. Students must be newly admitted, non-sponsored international students enrolling at WIU for the first time. The 2017 scholarship is only applied to WIU tuition and will commence in September.
- Scholarship of $3,000 will be awarded annually. $1,500 will be awarded fall semester and $1,500 will be awarded spring semester.
- Must be a newly admitted undergraduate or graduate, non-sponsored international student enrolling to WIU for the first time;
- No scholarship application is required;
- Minimum 3.5 GPA (confirmed by International Admissions Office; 3.5 GPA must be maintained for renewal);
- Admission into a degree program at WIU;
- Full-time enrollment (minimum 12 semester hours for undergraduate or 9 semester hours for graduate);
- Undergraduate students are required to live in University Housing, subject to availability, waived in the Quad Cities. University Housing options include: Bayliss-Henninger, Tanner, Grote, Corbin-Olson, Lincoln-Washington, Thompson.
- Scholarship only applied to WIU tuition. No cash refund is available for this scholarship.
- Available for up to four years OR two years for graduate students OR until student receives a degree, whichever comes first;
- Students who are sponsored or have a graduate assistantship are not eligible for this scholarship.
For more information and application, visit Western Illinois University Scholarship.