Brics Research and Teaching Mobility Grants 2016
Deadline: September 30, 2016
The National Institute for the Humanities and the Social Sciences (NIHSS) and the South African BRICS Think Tank (SABTT) are pleased to invite suitably qualified researchers and postgraduate students in South African universities and research institutes to apply for the BRICS Researching and Teaching Mobility Grants.
The objectives of the BRICS research and teaching initiative are to provide a platform for researchers and academics to exchange ideas and to generate evidence-based policy recommendations in the identified BRICS thematic areas. These themes are:
- Promoting cooperation for economic growth and development;
- The maintaining of peace and security;
- Social justice, sustainable development and quality of life;
- Political and economic governance;
- Achieving progress by sharing knowledge and innovation.
- Funding in this programme will support South African researchers and academics as well as postgraduate students (Master’s and Doctoral) undertaking research and teaching endeavours at BRICS universities and research institutes;
- The fund also supports academics and researchers from other BRICS universities and research institutes conducting mobility activities in South African universities and research institutes. Funds will be reserved for use in one financial year.
- Only South African citizens are eligible to apply;
- Full-time post graduate students must currently be registered for either a Master’s or Doctoral programme in a South African public university;
- BRICS-based academics and researchers must be invited by a South African based academic or researcher.
- Applications will be considered on the basis of scientific and technical merit;
- Applications should outline the framework for establishing lo ng-term collaborations with BRICS researchers and institutions of choice;
- The proposal should promote equality and redress/capacity-building in the case the researcher applies for training of South African postgraduate students (Master’s and Doctora l).
Submit the following documents for a complete application:
- Online application form;
- A comprehensive CV;
- Motivational letter (not longer than one A4 page – 500 words);
- Copy of ID/Passport;
- Proof of Registration;
- Letter of acceptance of invite fr om a BRICS researcher;
- Letter of recommendation from the host university;
- An itemised budget;
- A letter of recommendation from the home university and provisional acceptance from the BRICS institution in the case of postgraduate students. This may only be uploaded by the student’s supervisor here.
Please direct all enquiries to Dr Elias Phaahla at: [email protected]
For more information, visit Brics Research and Teaching Mobility Grants.