Deadline: September 16, 2016
The African Centre for Media Excellence (ACME) is pleased to invite Ugandan journalists to apply for the 5th, 6th and 7th round of grants to support ambitious story projects that require more than the regular newsroom facilitation to pull off. Since 2014, ACME has awarded reporting grants to 91 journalists. Each journalist who receives a grant will be expected to produce and broadcast/publish the proposed in-depth story within ten weeks from receipt of the money.
Story proposals should fall under at least one of the 12 priority areas below:
- Energy, oil, gas and mining;
- Justice, law and order;
- Land and property rights;
- Local Government;
- Business, Finance and Economics;
- Transport infrastructure and public works;
- Science and technology;
- Water and environment
- A total of 60 reporting grants with winning proposals receiving up to Shs. 1,500,000/ financial support.
- Open to Ugandan journalists with demonstrated ability to pursue and accomplish ambitious reporting projects;
- Print, electronic, photography and online journalists are eligible.
Applications will be judged based on the quality of the story pitch, the applicant’s journalism skills as indicated by their work samples, and evidence of support from the applicant’s editor.
- Download, complete and send the application form to [email protected];
- Or complete, print and bring the application form to our offices in Bunga-Soya, off Ggaba Road;
- Ask your editor to write a letter supporting your application and send it to [email protected]
For inquiries, call Paul Kimumwe on 0712 666 933 or email: [email protected]
For more information, visit African Centre for Media Excellence (ACME) Reporting Grant.