Thought For Food Challenge (TFF) 2016- Up to $25,000 in Cash prizes
Deadline: October 31, 2016
The Thought For Food Challenge calls on the world’s best and brightest university students to form teams and develop breakthrough solutions that address the global challenge of feeding 9+ billion people by the year 2050.
- Startup Bootcamp & Travel: The ten Finalist Teams will receive an all expenses paid trip to the TFF Global Summit and participate in the TFF Startup Bootcamp, a prize valued at $10,000.
- Thought For Food Awards
- $10,000 Grand Prize
- $7,500 Runner-Up Prize
- Selected by an esteemed panel of judges, based on which teams have the largest potential to help feed 9+ billion people by the year 2050
- Kirchner Food Fellows Award: $5,000. Selected by the Kirchner Food Fellows, based on which team they identify as the most promising to invest in.
- Take It To The Farmer Award: $2,500. Selected by the Borlaug Institute for International Agriculture, based on which team they identify as having a strong impact directly on farmers.
- Innovation: How innovative is the solution, really?
- Implementation: Can the idea be implemented and scaled?
- Uniqueness: Does the solution stand out from everything else out there?
- Team Spirit:Does your team demonstrate passion, curiosity and commitment to get it done?
How to Enter TFF2016
- Sign up-Register by October 31, 2016 to participate in the 2016/17 TFF Challenge. At least one member of your team must be signed up by this date.
- Form your team: Create a team of 3-5 university students. Make sure to add them to your team page, and that you each fill out your profile.
- Complete the Design Lab: Utilize the TFF Design Lab to take your Team’s idea and turn it into a reality. This includes talking to customers, ideation sessions, and building prototypes. Expert mentors will be available to help coach teams through this process.
- Submit your pitch!Submit your team’s Pitch by January 8, 2017, no later than 11:59pm PST. Pitch’s include 2 videos and several short text answers.
- Ten Finalist Teams:Ten Finalist Teams will be selected by the Round 1 Judges to move on to the TFF Startup Bootcamp. Judges will review Team Pitch submissions to make their decision.
- TFF Startup Bootcamp: The TFF Startup Bootcamp, valued at $10,000, will help all Finalist Teams further develop their project, and launch a social enterprise. Finalists will work with mentors from around the world, and the Bootcamp culminates with a week long, in-person training session.
- TFF Global Summit: The ten Finalist Teams will receive an all expenses paid trip to the TFF Global Summit, where they will participate in world-changing dialogue with industry executives, entrepreneurs, and policy makers from around the world.
- Final Pitch: To end the TFF Global Summit, all attention turns to the Finalist Teams as they pitch their business ventures live, on main stage, to win up to $15,000 in seed funding.
- TFF Alumni Network: You will receive continual startup support from TFF, and gain special perks from partners, such as introductions to world-leading accelerator programs. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to be featured in international publications, and help define the future of food.
For more information, visit Thoughts for Food Challenge