ACU Early Career Academic Grants 2017
Deadline: April 2, 2017
The Association of Commonealth Universities (ACU) Early Career Academic Grants are open to early career academics employed by ACU member universities, enabling them to participate in a conference held in a Commonwealth country other than their own. A minimum of 30 grants are on offer in 2017.
- The conference to be attended must be a recognised academic conference in a field relevant to the applicant’s area of expertise. The conference must be held in a Commonwealth country other than the applicant’s country of employment. Applicants must give details of their chosen conference at the time of application;
- Applicants can strengthen their application by providing evidence of the submission/acceptance of a paper or poster, or other communication with the conference organisers. It is highly recommended that applicants attach this evidence to their application form;
- The grant must be used to participate in a conference between July 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017.
- The maximum amount of each grant is GBP 2000. Grants can be used to cover travel and visa costs, conference fees, accommodation and subsistence;
- Grants will be paid in a single instalment to a nominated individual at the grant holder’s home institution. Grant holders must provide an account of expenditure and a brief report on how their grant has been spent.
- At the time of application, applicants must be employed in an academic role by an ACU member institution;
- Applications are open to university staff who are less than ten years from the start of their employment in an academic role;
- Academic staff who have recently returned to work after a career break can also be considered: applicants to whom this criteria applies should make this clear in their application;
- Applicants must not have previously worked or attended an academic conference outside their home region;
- Applicants must provide a letter of support from their head of department. Successful applicants will be responsible for arranging any required visa.
Applications close on Sunday April 2, 2017 at 11:59pm (BST).
For more information, visit ACU Early Career Academic Grants.