Deadline: March 31, 2017
Universities of the Coimbra Group offer short-term visits (generally 1 to maximum 3 months) to young African researchers from higher education institutions from Sub-Saharan Africa. The main aim of this scholarship programme is to enable scholars to undertake research in which they are engaged in their home institution and to help them to establish academic and research contacts. The scholarships are financially supported by the Coimbra Group member universities participating in this programme, while the Coimbra Group Office is in charge of the administrative management of the applications.
The following Coimbra Group universities are participating in the 2017 edition of the scheme:
- University of Barcelona (Spain)
- Eötvös Loránd University Budapest (Hungary)
- University of Granada (Spain)
- University of Graz (Austria)
- University of Groningen (The Netherlands)
- Jagiellonian University of Krakow (Poland)
- KU Leuven (Belgium)
- University of Padova (Italy)
- University of Pavia (Italy)
- University of Poitiers (France)
- University of Salamanca (Spain)
Applicants should be:
- Under the age of 45;
- Nationals of and current residents in a country in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Current staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa;
- Of doctoral/postdoctoral or equivalent status;
- In most universities the language of instruction is that of the country itself, but in most universities it is possible to use English as the working language.
For more information, visit Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme.