Swiss Re Foundation ReSource Award 2018
Deadline: March 22, 2017
Applications are open for the Swiss Re Foundation ReSource Award 2018. The ReSource Award acknowledges social entrepreneurial initiatives aimed at prototyping or scaling up new approaches for resolving existing social and/or ecological issues related to sustainable water management practices. Examples include access to, use and supply of water, sanitation and hygiene in low, lower-middle and upper–middle-income countries as classified by the World Bank.
- The prize combines financial and non-financial contributions (coaching/expert advice). Half of the total contribution equivalent to USD 150 000 will be allocated to three finalists (USD 20 000 + coaching each) from whom the winner will be selected. The award winning organization will be supported (USD 75 000 + coaching) during the following three years in further developing, prototyping or scaling up its social entrepreneurial initiative.
- Open to social entrepreneurial initiatives aimed at prototyping or scaling up new approaches for resolving existing social and/or ecological issues related to sustainable water management practices
- Apply Here
- The following steps will be followed to select best application:
- Step I: Participants are requested to answer the online questionnaire on their social entrepreneurial initiative by March 22, 2017, 24.00 CET. All short proposals received by this due date will be assessed in March and April 2017 by a team of water and business experts based on previously defined criteria. Only forms completed in English will be accepted. Applicants who are not in a position to submit their application form electronically, should contact the Secretary of ReSource Award.
- Step II: On April 19, 2017, the authors of the best-ranked short proposals will be invited to submit a comprehensive version (full proposal) of their social entrepreneurial initiative online. These full proposals will be reviewed and assessed based on an extended catalogue of predefined criteria. Oral interviews with the applicants on 16 June 2017 will conclude the first round of the assessment. The four to eight best-ranked full proposals will be evaluated by an international and independent jury that will select three finalists by the end August 2017;
- Step III: Three finalists will receive financial support (USD 20 000 each) in addition to six months of tailored coaching from experts (amounting to USD 5 000) to help them refine their proposals (October 2017 – March 2018). One representative per finalist will be invited at the end of this period to travel to Zurich, Switzerland, to present their social entrepreneurial initiative to the international jury that will select the winner of the ReSource Award. The decisions of the jury are final. Any recourse to legal action is hereby explicitly excluded;
- Step IV: In addition to the USD 20, 000 received while a finalist, the winner will be further supported financially (to a total value of USD 75, 000, over three years) and non-financially from April 2018 to April 2021 to implement or scale up the winning social entrepreneurial initiative. In all, the winner is supported financially with USD 95, 000 and non-financially with specific coaching for up to 3.5 years.
- March 22, 2017 – Application deadline for short proposal
- April 19, 2017 Invitation to submit full proposal
- May 14, 2017 – Application deadline for full proposal
- June 16, 2017 – Oral interviews
- August 30, 2017 – Announcement of the three finalists for the ReSource Award 2017
- October 2017 to March 2018 – Financial and non-financial support to three finalists
- March 2018 – Announcement of the ReSource Award winner for 2018
- April 2018 to April 2021 Support to 2018 winner
For more information, visit Swiss Re Foundation ReSource Award.