GHR Foundation/OpenIDEO BridgeBuilder Challenge 2017
Deadline: April 7, 2017
Applications are now open for the GHR Foundation/OpenIDEO BridgeBuilder Challenge 2017. Our world faces complex, interconnected challenges that cannot be solved in isolation. Many of these issues are emerging and growing at a rate that requires immediate action to provide relief, restoration and reconciliation. GHR in collaboration with OpenIDEO will seek out and invest in organizations developing solutions for the global good. This US$1 million initiative seeks to support innovative projects that respond to pressing and emergent needs across peace, prosperity and planet.
- Top Ideas will be eligible to receive a share of $1 million in funding from GHR Foundation;
- Top Ideas will be part of a cohort of top innovative organizations helping to solve pressing issues;
- Top Ideas will be invited to a kick-off workshop during which they will meet other selected organizations and explore how their ideas connect across the Challenge theme;
- Ongoing partnership with GHR Foundation and potential connection to other funder networks;
- PR and exposure.
- Challenge participants must be registered non-profit or for-profit organizations, consortiums, or coalitions, with a track record of designing and managing multi-phase projects in the country or community in which they plan to execute their idea. While the foundation cannot accept submissions from individuals or government agencies, the initiative welcomes ideas that incorporate government partnerships.
There are two stages to BridgeBuilder’s evaluation process
- Shortlisted Ideas
- Clearly articulates how the solution addresses two or more of the three referenced challenge categories – peace, prosperity, and planet;
- It’s actionable;
- Targets a specific, pressing and solvable need;
- Idea/approach links to the core competencies of your organization/group (i.e., why/ how your organization is uniquely positioned to build the bridges necessary to others [especially the population it seeks to serve] to demonstrate success;
- You are a certified non-profit or for-profit organization, and have worked in your sector for at least a year.
- Winning Ideas
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of intended beneficiaries and incorporate their input;
- Take a new approach to a problem, or use an existing approach in a new way;
- Have improved in response to feedback;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the context of proposed solution;
- Able to clearly demonstrate the benefit from the amount of funding and design support offered;
- Proposed projects should not extend beyond a three-year time horizon. Individual awards will not exceed $500,000.
For application and more information, visit GHR/OpenIDEO BridgeBuilder Challenge.