ICAPA Writivism Script Writing Residency 2017
Deadline: April 14, 2017
Are you working on a feature film script? Are you working on a short film script? Are you interested in adapting an African story for the big screen? If you answered yes to at least one question, then this could be your opportunity. Applications are invited for a bilingual (English and French) scriptwriting residency to be held in Senegal in May 2017. The residency is part of the The African Women Film- Maker’s Hub, a network of African women film-makers in West, East and Southern Africa. This is joint initiative between the Institute of Creative Arts for Progress in Africa (ICAPA) and Writivism.
Writivism is home for emerging contemporary African Literature. They have widened their scope to the entire African continent and the global African diaspora. Online, they service users with news, interviews, reviews, features and opinion about African literature. Offline they have been running workshops all over the continent (and a mentoring programme), including in French-speaking countries; manage up to four creative writing prizes; publish creative work by emerging African writers; and curate an annual literary festival in Kampala (and extend activities to schools).
- Should be in a position to spend 4 weeks in Dakar in May 2017
- Will have the opportunity to take either French or English lessons during the residency
- The residency is open to both Franco-phone and Anglo-phone applicants;
- Both men and women are encouraged.
Applicants should apply with a CV (maximum 250 words), a motivational letter (maximum 200 words) and ONE of the 3 listed below:
- A first draft of the script and a one page synopsis; or
- A treatment for the screenplay and a one page synopsis; or
- A one page synopsis for a screenplay based on a short story. The short story must be chosen from the stories at the following links:
- Applicants who choose option three should include a 200 word motivation for your choice of story.
- Applications should be sent to email@example.com and copied to Africanwomenfilmmakershub@gmail.com
- All applications in French should be copied to Karonika Productions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, visit ICAPA Writivism Script Writing Residency.