CIMB Young ASEAN Leaders Programme (CYAL) 2017 – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Deadline: November 3, 2017
The CIMB Young ASEAN Leaders (CYAL) study tour is a scholarship programme for undergraduate students of ASEAN nationality. CYAL 2017 will take place in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from December 2 – 7, 2017, in collaboration with Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia (UKM). The aim of the proposed programme is to support the exchange of learning and cross-cultural experiences among ASEAN youth leaders. Activities designed for this programme are projected to uplift the quality of life of ASEAN citizens whilst promoting sustainable development to build a strong foundation of greater understanding, good neighbourliness and a shared sense of responsibility.
The theme for CYAL 2017 is Sharing Economy Beyond Boundaries (SEB²) to be implemented through a collaboration between Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia – The National University of Malaysia (UKM) and CIMB. Participants are expected to work in groups to produce a video on SEB². The winning video stands a chance to win exciting prizes and be shown at the closing ceremony on December 7, 2017.
The following cost will be covered:
- Round-trip fare;
- Materials and transportation on site;
- Accommodation and food during the programme.
- Open to nationals of ASEAN countries: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Laos, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam;
- Candidate should be an undergraduate student between the ages of 18 to 30 with a minimum CGPA/CQPI of 3.0 or equivalent, enrolled in an ASEAN university;
- Be able to fluently communicate in the English language, written and spoken;
- Priority will given to those who have experience in Sharing Economy Beyond Boundaries (SEB²) or any other volunteering activities.
- Are you ready for the challenge? Apply now!
- There are only 50 places in this programme. After technical knock-out, qualified applicants will undergo the first round of selection by officials of the CIMB Foundation and UCTC, UKM. The final round of selection will be a telephone interview. The selection will be based on the merits of the individual. There will be online or phone interviews conducted for shortlisted candidates.
- The closing date of application will be midnight GMT +8, November 3, 2017;
- Only selected participants will be notified after November 15, 2017
For more information, visit CYAL Programme.