Deadline: December 15, 2017
Applications for the 2018 American Middle Eastern Network for Dialogue at Stanford (AMENDS) are now open! AMENDS is a collaborative student-led initiative interested in the promotion of understanding and respect around the Middle East, and the support of a generation of leaders who are working to ignite concrete social and economic development in the MENA region. The Summit is taking place at Oxford University, from Thursday June 28 -Monday July 2.
AMENDS’ mission is to create a platform for promising youth leaders whose work impacts the Middle East, North Africa and United States to share and grow their initiatives. During the conference, we provide delegates opportunities to develop key skills, network and collaborate with established leaders, experts, and fellow changemakers, and share the story of their initiatives with a wider audience after receiving coaching and editing support.
Delegates are selected based on the impact and the level of their dedication to promoting change in the MENA region and/or in U.S.- MENA relations and the potential for their initiative to have an impact. AMENDS will also heavily consider the past experiences and backgrounds of each delegate that will enable him/her to contribute a unique perspective to the conference, in order to ensure a rich, diverse group of delegates.
Cost and Benefits
Receive financial and logistical assistance with flights and visas to and from the 2018 AMENDS conference. Accommodations and food will be provided.
- be 18 – 28 years old.
- have innovative ideas and well thought-out initiatives that could effect positive change in the world.
- have initiatives addressing political, social, or economic issues affecting the Middle East.
- demonstrate the potential to further understanding and influence American-Middle Eastern affairs.
Accepted delegates will:
- Present a 10-12 minute recorded talk about their initiative at the AMENDS conference. Hosted on our channel, these talks have been viewed by over 70,000 people. Below is one of our signature AMENDS talks from this past year:
- Attend a networking dinner.
- Attend skill-building workshops on topics such as: design thinking, crowdfunding, and leadership development.
- Join and take leadership in the AMEND Fellows Network, a self-sustaining network of 160+ former delegates. For the past 3 years, a separate reunion conference has been held annually for Fellows.
Complete the online application.
If you have questions about the application, please contact us at [email protected].
If you would like to speak with a former participant about the program or application, please email [email protected]. You will be placed in contact with an alumni Fellow from your country or area. Including your biography and initiative in the description will help our alumni network better match you!
For more information, visit AMENDS Summit.