Applications are invited for the Amref Health Africa Internship Program 2018. As a research and development foundation, Amref Health Africa recognises the dual benefits that can be derived from internship and volunteer attachment programmes. The organisation therefore offers local and international internship and volunteer opportunities. While both volunteer attachments and internships may be part of a learning programme, volunteer opportunities are also offered to out-of-school candidates who may be on sabbatical or who want to contribute to community service.
Amref Health Africa does not offer any payment for internship.– Internships are normally offered for a period of three but can be extended to a maximum of six months. An intern will work an average of 40 hours per week. Amref Health Africa offers various internship opportunities at its headquarters in Nairobi, country offices in Africa and Northern offices in Europe and North America.
The following internship opportunities are available:
- Finance Department
- ICT Department
- Lab Technologist- Amref Kibera Reach 90 project
- M-Pesa MNH Foundation project (Uzazi Salama)
- Procurement Department
- WASH & NTDs – Trachoma Project
- WASH & NTD – Kenya Sanitation and Hygiene Improvement Programmme
- Finance and Procurement Department – Records Management
- Healthy Heart Africa project – Monitoring & Evaluation
- Open to diploma, degree, post-graduate and doctoral students who wish to acquire knowledge and experience of a real work environment to the mutual benefit of both the organisation and the Intern. Interns are fully involved in the work programme of the unit relevant to their studies under the supervision of a responsible staff member.
- Interns are expected to contribute their skills, knowledge and competencies while acquiring supplemental training in their areas of specialisation but are not full-time employees. They are not substitutes for full-time staff.
- All applications must be submitted to the relevant HR office through the address provided
- Specify why you have chosen Amref Health Africa for internship, the benefits expected from completing the internship (e.g how it fits into your studies or career plans), and how this contributes to Amref Health Africa’s objectives.
- The application should indicate specifically:
- Field of academic specialisation or area in which practical training is required
- Programme of training approved by the candidate’s institution, where applicable duration of the internship (three or six months)
- Number of credits required for validation by the candidate’s institution, where applicable
- The application for internship shall be accompanied by a supporting letter from his/her learning institution, where relevant.
- In countries where Amref Health Africa operates, the application will be forwarded through those Amref Health Africa offices if the request is for placement in a different Amref Health Africa office.
NOTE: Amref Health Africa does not require or expect prospective and existing Interns to make any form of payment to secure and work as Interns within Amref Health Africa through the Corporate, Country, National and its Field offices.
Applications will be done using the application form and sent to the email address of the Amref Health Africa office offering the internship.
- [email protected] – Amref Health Africa in Ethiopia
- [email protected] – Amref Health Africa in Kenya
- [email protected] – Amref Health Africa in Tanzania
- [email protected] – Amref Health Africa in Uganda
- [email protected] – Amref Health Africa in South Africa
- [email protected] – Amref Health Africa in South Sudan
- [email protected] – Amref Health Africa in West Africa
- [email protected] – Amref Health Africa Headquarters
For more information, visit Amref Health Africa Internship.