Road Trip Project Competition 2018 – Win a fully-funded trip across Europe!
Deadline: February 11, 2018
The Road Trip Project is a European travel experience that will take 8 individuals on 4 routes across the continent between Spring and Summer 2018. They are looking for curious open-minded people who love to travel and explore.
The Road Trip Project is an initiative of the EU’s Regional and Urban Policy department of the European Commission. EU Regional Policy targets all regions and cities in the European Union in order to boost their economic growth and improve people’s quality of life. It is also an expression of solidarity, focusing support on the less developed regions.
About the Trip
Four duos will embark on a European road trip in a minibus. Along the way, they will meet locals and experience the local vibe, discover projects that change people’s lives for the better, and explore unknown places and amazing landscapes.
These four journeys span the continent, from the Baltics to the westernmost point of Europe, the length of the Danube, around the Mediterranean and alongside the Atlantic. The Road Trip travellers will share what they learn. They will film and post their stories to other millennials across the continent and beyond.
At the end of each journey, their unique experience will be featured in a road movie, and reflected in an online travel guide on Europe’s off the beaten paths.
If you love…
- Travel & adventure
- Meeting new people
- Learning about new cultures & customs
- Taking photos & recording videos
… YOU might be one of the lucky ones!
- The participants will successively embark in duos on one of the 4 routes for an approx. 1-month journey (Baltic, Danube, Mediterranean or Atlantic). The last journey should be completed by the end of August 2018.
- Each duo will be accompanied by a professional crew composed of a person responsible for logistics and security and a cameraman. Exact travel dates and itineraries will be arranged and communicated to the participants in due time.
- A follow-up to the Road Trip Project is envisaged through an event to be held in Brussels in October 2018 where all 8 winners will be invited to share their stories in an exchange with a live audience.
The Road Trip Project covers about 12.000 km over 4 main routes across Europe. The 4 road trips will run sequentially, starting in April 2018 and ending in August 2018. Each one lasts approximately 1 month.
- THE MEDITERRANEAN ROUTE
- THE ATLANTIC ROUTE
- THE DANUBE ROUTE
- THE BALTIC ROUTE
While you won’t get paid for taking part, you won’t have to bear any costs either!
All costs for travel, communication equipment, accommodation, and meals are covered by the Road Trip Project.
- Participation is open to EU citizen or resident between the ages of eighteen (18) and thirty (30) years, inclusive.
- To prevent any conflict of interest and allow for the widest participations, applications introduced by someone belonging to one of the two categories mentioned hereunder will not be encouraged:
- Employees and interns of the European Commission, their immediate families (spouse, siblings and children) and household members;
- Individuals providing professional services to the European Commission under a contract signed with an external contractor.
- Participating individuals must hold an EU Passport (or a certificate of residence allowing to travel in the EU) that is valid until at least December 2018 and be free to travel for one month during one of the following periods:
- Mid April 2018 – Mid May 2018
- Mid May 2018 – Mid June 2018
- End June 2018 – End July 2018
- End July 2018 – End August 2018
- All participants must be able to express themselves and interact with others in basic English.
Do you love to travel? Are you insatiably curious? Do you take loads of photos and videos and post your stories on social media? Then it may be you!
To apply to be a Road Trip Project traveller, grab your phone or camera and tell us about yourself in a 60-second video: your motivation to join the project, and why you’re one of the best choices we can make to join the team.
To apply, visit the Apply page
For more information, visit Road Trip Project Competition.