FosterClub All-Star Internship Program 2018 in Seaside, Oregon (Stipend Available)
Deadline: February 20, 2018
Apply now for the FosterClub All-Star Internship Program 2018. The Internship Program was founded on the belief that youth who have successfully transitioned from foster care to responsible young adulthood are best suited to impact the transition of their younger peers. FosterClub All-Stars have been reaching out to other foster youth through conferences, training, and events.
Interns receive leadership training, help improve outcomes for foster youth transitioning out of care, educate peers and industry professionals, and change public perceptions about foster youth across the nation at conferences and events all summer long.
FosterClub, the national network for youth in foster care, launched the All-Star program in 2004 and successfully incorporated current and former foster youth as facilitators and leaders of teen conference activities. The All-Stars were highly successful, proving wildly popular among teen conference attendees and providing a “real-life, been there-done that” perspective to FosterClub’s training programs. For the young people who serve as All-Stars, the opportunity has proven to be life-changing.
- Assist FosterClub staff in preparing and facilitating workshops and activities at Teen Conferences and other events.
- Work with young people in foster care.
- Produce products for young people in foster care, including publications (books), web content, audio recordings, video recordings, and photo shoots.
- Research topics pertaining to child welfare.
- Provide youth perspective for content for supportive adults.
- Write a blog about your experiences as an All-Star.
- Participate in youth leadership training: intensive training at the beginning of the program, continued youth development programming throughout the internship
- Housing for the summer
- Two $60 cell phone stipends (if you have a working cell phone)
- $150 per week living allowance
- A $1500 dollar end of session stipend
- All transportation and travel expenses are covered
- Products, prizes and incentives
- Various cultural and recreational experiences during the summer program
- Applicant must be between the ages of 18 and 24 on the internship start date
- Must have spent time in foster care
- Priority will be given to young people who have previously attended a FosterClub Teen Conference, participate on a Youth Advisory Board or Youth Council, or who have demonstrated leadership in another capacity (like through volunteer service, school or church involvement)
- Able to obtain required permissions from foster care agency if still in foster care
- Youth must be responsible and require minimal supervision
- All offers of employment and/or volunteer opportunities are made contingent upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks and the selected individual may not begin until background checks are completed
- Must be able to gain permission to travel and be photographed
For more information, visit FosterClub All-Star Internship Program.