Stephen Lloyd Awards 2018 for Early stage Projects and Start-up Enterprises (Up to £20,000)
Deadline: April 6, 2018
The 2018 Stephen Lloyd Awards are now open for applications. Stephen was a passionate innovator and developer of new ideas. The Stephen Lloyd Awards is an initiative of the BWB Foundation that continue Stephen’s passion through supporting early stage projects that have real potential to achieve practical, sustainable social change.
The aim of the awards, in line with Stephen’s own approach, is to help create success by finding and nurturing innovative ideas and projects that can lead to practical, sustainable social change. The awards committee is particularly interested in supporting ideas that address social problems at a systemic level.
- The heart of the awards is the bringing together of experts that can deliver practical, free support to shortlisted candidates as well as award winners.
- In addition, funding of up to £20,000 will be made available to support award winners in developing their initiatives.
- At the shortlist stage the awards will make up to ten awards of up to £2,000 to assist candidates to further develop their ideas.
- Anyone or any organisation that has an innovative idea that seeks to address a problem systemically.
- Early stage projects or start-up enterprises that are unique, systemic and modelled to deliver a high social impact are encouraged to apply.
The assessment process occurs in two stages. The first stage involves scoring the application on the following criteria:
- Systems change
- Potential to benefit from Award’s wider network of partners
- Direct impact
- Clarity of idea
- Individual or team’s position to achieve social impact
The second stage involves shortlisting applicants for telephone interviews, based on scores resulting from the above criteria.
- To apply, please prepare a description of your work or idea of no more than two sides in length.
- They would like to understand what the innovation is and why it is needed, alongside evidence of need and an explanation of the impact you will have, if you are successful.
- They would also like to know about your track record, what you need for the idea to succeed and how you think the awards’ community may be able to assist you.
- In addition to the two-sider, you are welcome to provide one additional page of references and links to relevant supporting materials.
- While you are not bound to any particular presentation format, they like the “Situation, Complication, Solution” approach as it is succinct and structured. Somewhere at the top of the first page (prior to presenting your ‘Situation, Complication, Solution’), please provide them with the following information:
- Project or charity name along with its company or charity registration number (e.g. BWB Foundation: 115032)
- A one line summary of the project and its intention
- Website address, if available
Send your applications to [email protected].
For more information, visit Stephen Lloyd Awards.