Deadline: April 22, 2018
The Data Science Scholarship Program 2018 powered by Bertelsmann is now open for applications. Want to become fluent in Data Science! Apply now for one of 15,000 Udacity Scholarships.
Together with Udacity, Bertelsmann is investing in a scholarship program to provide job-relevant training, specifically for Data Science and analytics. The program takes place 100% online. Students can work from wherever they want to, as long as they have a working internet connection.
The scholarship program consists of 15,000 seats for the Challenge Course “Intro to Descriptive Statistics”, as well as 1,500 seats (the top 10% of all 15,000 scholarship recipients) for one full Udacity Nanodegree program. The top 10% scholarship recipients can choose between three Nanodegree programs: “Data Foundations”, “Business Analyst” and “Data Analyst”.
Master data skills:
- Learn valuable skills to launch or advance your career in our data-driven economy.
- Master world-class curriculum designed for the data jobs of today, tomorrow, and beyond.
- Upskill for the thousands of data-related jobs companies like Bertelsmann are hiring for!
Every student will receive a badge that can be used within social media channels (e.g. LinkedIn, Xing).
The scholarship program is structured in two parts:
Phase 1: 15,000 Challenge Courses
During the first phase of this scholarship the student is provided with an access to an introductory data course on Udacity: Challenge Course “Introduction to Descriptive Statistics” for 3 months. Scholarship recipients participating in this initial phase of the program will receive support from expert Udacity mentors and community managers while joining a robust student community.
Phase 2: 1,500 Full Nanodegree programs
The top 1,500 students from the first phase of the scholarship program earn an additional scholarship to one of three Nanodegree programs: “Data Foundations”, “Business Analyst”, or “Data Analyst.” Access to these Nanodegree programs includes expert project reviews, mentorship and community support.
- Applicants 18 years of age or older are invited to apply.
- This scholarship is open to Bertelsmann employees as well as the general public interested in Data Science.
- There is no prior knowledge required for the Challenge Course.
- Applicants should be prepared to invest about 10 hours per week during the Challenge Course and also during any of the three Nanodegree programs.
The program language of the Challenge Course and all Udacity Nanodegree programs is English. Subtitles are available in Chinese, Brazilian Portuguese and English.
Udacity will evaluate the scholarship applications with a view to selecting recipients who possess:
- Diversity of perspective and experience
- Goal orientation, desire to make an impact
- Demonstrated determination and grit
- Willingness to dedicate sufficient time to scholarship
- Prerequisite knowledge where relevant
Of the 15,000 original scholarship recipients, 1,500 will be selected for the follow-on Nanodegree program based on:
- Successful completion of lessons and quizzes in the Challenge Course
- Level of participation and support of classmates in the student community
- Re-assessment of essays from the original scholarship application
- All the selection criteria used in Phase I
The top 10% of all scholarship recipients (1,500 seats) will be awarded a full Nanodegree program.
They will review all applications and select 15,000 recipients to participate in the Scholarship Challenge Course. This is where your learning begins! You’ll spend 3 months learning all about the statistics you need to succeed in the world of data. Top students from the initial Challenge Course will be selected for a full Nanodegree program.
Scholarship recipients will be announced in May 2018 and will start the Challenge Course later that month.
For more information, visit Bertelsmann Data Science Scholarship.