Deadline: April 25, 2018
Media Sound Hamburg, in partnership with the Music In Africa Foundation, invites young film music composers, video game music composers and sound designers to apply for a scholarship to take part in an exciting summer school in Hamburg, Germany, between 8 and 17 June 2018.
MediaSoundHamburg is an International Summer school for FilmMusic, GameMusic and SoundDesign, which has been held annually in Hamburg since 2011. MediaSoundHamburg was founded by Hans-Joachim Esser-Mamat (Director/Artistic Director), who has been organising similar events since 1995 (European Workshops for Film Music & Sounddesign / filmwerkstatt essen).
Media Sound Hamburg is aimed at a film, music and sound-interested audience.
Every year, national and international film composers, game musicians and sound designers meet international industry professionals and renowned experts. During the 10-day summer school, various master classes, workshops, forums and special events are offered.
The lecturers at this year’s Media Sound Hamburg will include Frans Bak (The Killing, Doctor Foster), Martin Hernandez (Oscar nominations for Birdman  and The Revenant ) and Ari Pulkkinen (video game music for Angry Birds, Dead Nation, Outland), among others.
The successful candidate will get to attend various masterclasses, workshops, forums and special events while interacting with international film composers and industry professionals throughout the 10 days of the summer school.
- A scholarship to Media Sound Hamburg 2018 (8 to 17 June 2018)
- Free choice of any masterclass, workshop, forum or special event at Media Sound Hamburg
- Flights (economy), accommodation and a per diem.
Applicants need to:
- Be from an African country
- Be under 30 years old
- Have experience in music composition
- Have an interest in sound design/film music composition/video game music composition
- Have a valid passport
Applicants will need to submit the following to be considered for the scholarship:
- Biography detailing previous work and interests
- Music In Africa profile (with extracts of your work such as videos and audio). Create your profile on musicinafrica.net. Your profile should ideally have snippets of your music/videos. Example: www.musicinafrica.net/directory/philip-miller
The application deadline is 25 April 2018 and the winner of the scholarship will be selected on 3 May 2018.
Click here to submit your application online.
For more information, visit Media Sound Hamburg.