AstraZeneca Young Health Programme Scholarship to attend One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague
Deadline: May 19, 2018
Applications are open for AstraZeneca Young Health Programme Scholarship to attend One Young World 2018. Through the Young Health Programme, AstraZeneca is providing charitable support to One Young World to engage more youth in their efforts to address the issue of adolescent health and disease prevention. They are offering ten scholarships to inspiring young leaders to attend the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands.
The AstraZeneca Young Health Programme (YHP) aims to make a positive impact in local communities and collaborate to address the health issues that most affect people at a local, national and global level. They work to address the growing burden of non-communicable disease (NCDs) – conditions like type 2 diabetes, cancer, heart and respiratory disease. They do it with a unique focus on youth and primary prevention. Through YHP, they aim to engage and empower young people with information so that they can make healthy choices today that will lead to better health later in life.
But YHP is not just about health education and promotion. They work with NCD Child, Rise Up Together and Plan International UK to put adolescent health on the healthcare agenda. They invest in research to generate new evidence that fills the gaps in their knowledge about adolescent health and risk behavior activity. And most importantly, they work to provide youth with a voice.
They are looking for young people who work for or are involved with a non-governmental organisation, social enterprise, community based organization, or who are individuals making an impact through advocacy activities or direct programming related to adolescent health. The successful scholars will join ten other YHP delegates who are already involved with the programme, as peer educators, advocates, NGO partners or community youth leaders.
In addition to attending the Summit, YHP scholars will participate in a pre-Summit workshop to meet the delegation, share information about their background and get prepared for what will be an incredible experience in The Hague.
What does the Young Health Programme Scholarship provide
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2018 in The Hague, Netherlands
- Hotel accommodation on a shared basis between 17 and 20 (inclusive) October, 2017
- Provisions may be made for delegates to avail of an additional night’s accommodation on 16 October, should their travel itinerary require.
- The cost of travel to and from The Hague (flights in economy)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Access to Young Health Programme pre-Summit workshop
- Discretionary funds to provide for reasonable out of pocket expenses related to travel to and from The Hague.
- Aged 18 – 30
- An evidenced commitment to addressing health and wellbeing in a local, national or global community, with a specific focus on child and adolescent health and/or disease prevention and health promotion and/or social determinants of health.
- A leadership ability in their chosen cause or issue
- A capacity for innovation and values-driven problem solving
- A concern for local and global issues
- An ability to generate and articulate impactful ideas
- An ability to work towards a shared goal through teamwork and collaboration
For more information, visit AstraZeneca YHP Scholarship.