The Gen2Gen Encore Prize 2018 for Individuals and Organizations in the United States
Deadline: May 25, 2018
The Gen2Gen Encore Prize 2018 is open for applications. The Gen2Gen Encore Prize is for individuals of any age or organizations with innovative solutions that utilize experienced talent to serve youth. The Prize offers $100,000 to programs and products that bring the talents of people over 50 to help kids who need champions.
The Prize is part of the Generation to Generation campaign — a national effort to connect the over 50 population to young people who could greatly benefit from more support. By participating in The Encore Prize you will be joining the campaign, and pledging to support future generations.
They will award a total of $100,000 in prize money, coaching and a year of ongoing support.
A panel of expert judges will award one finalist $50,000; the other four will win $10,000 each. At a live pitch event this fall, the audience will select one of the five finalists for an additional $10,000 prize.
The Gen2Gen Encore Prize is looking for innovative programs, products and services to tap the talent of 50+ adults to help young people thrive.
- The Gen2Gen Encore Prize is open to ventures from all sectors (nonprofit, government, for profit).
- Individuals with a creative idea are encouraged to apply.
- The Prize is open to people of all ages and backgrounds.
You should be able to answer “yes” to the following questions to be eligible:
- Does your project utilize the talents of adults 50 and older to improve the lives of youth in the U.S.?
- Is your project in an early stage or period of significant growth?
- If you advance to the semifinals, will you be able to participate in online public voting (Sept 2018)?
- If you become a finalist, can you pitch your project in Los Angeles November 13-14, 2018? (Travel and accommodations will be covered)
You SHOULD NOT apply for The Encore Prize if:
- Your project is already being done successfully in another geographic region. We are looking for new ideas or new ways of connecting people (not replications of existing programs in new geographic areas).
- Your project has a partisan political agenda.
- Your project is intended to promote a specific faith or is exclusively sectarian. (However, we do welcome and encourage faith-based organizations that have a broader social mission to apply.)
- Your project solely benefits youth outside of the U.S.
Applicants will be judged by an esteemed panel of judges on the following criteria:
- Innovation. New approach or critical improvement to existing models.
- Encore Fit. Use of the talents of people 50+ in well-designed roles.
- Youth Fit. Serving an urgent or timely need for a specific population of youth.
- Capacity. A team with the track record or partnerships needed to launch, develop and grow new programs or products.
- Scalability or Replicability. Potential of the idea to grow and produce significant social change.
- Financial Model. Clear plan for financial sustainability.
- Diversity. Ability to engage diverse communities of adults 50 and older.
During this application period, applicants can access The Encore Prize Accelerator, a digital platform providing tips, learning videos, and other resources to help applicants complete their submissions.
For more information, visit Gen2Gen Encore Prize.