Deadline: June 18, 2018
CRDF Global invites applications for the Biorisk Management Engagement Grant (BMEG) Competition. The goal of the competition is to provide support for biorisk management activities, which may include laboratory design, repairs and maintenance of equipment, workshops and trainings, and upgrades for the physical and procedural security of laboratory, research and diagnostic facilities at academic and industrial institutions.
Grants are intended to cover costs associated with physical security enhancement, training, equipment, development or revision of procedural security SOPs and materials, provision of supplies that improve biological security, improvement of laboratory design, and support the repair and maintenance of equipment.
CRDF Global will notify applicants when the finalists are selected on 13 August 2018. Finalists will be contacted and potentially awarded a grant, with a value of $10,000 USD with a period of performance of three months.
- Biological scientists working in high containment laboratories, agricultural and biological research facilities, diagnostics laboratories, universities, government ministries, and private laboratories in the following countries: Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Turkey and Yemen will be accepted.
Application Evaluation Criteria:
- Biosecurity and Biosafety Impact;
- Sustainability Potential;
- Budget; and
- Clarity and Completeness of application.
- A complete application package includes the Application Form, Budget File, Institutional Data Form, Institute Letter of Support (LOS), Partnering Institution Letter of Support (if applicable), and Curriculum Vitae (CV) Files.
- Proposals including honorarium should include copies of valid passports for those requesting the honorarium.
All applications must be submitted in English to:
https://crdfglobal-gqwfg.formstack.com/forms/bmeg_application by 18 June, 2018 for consideration.
Alternatively, the application is available in Word format (attached below) to be emailed to [email protected].
For more information, visit CRDF Global.