UN Climate Change Global Youth Climate Video Competition 2018 (Fully-funded to COP24 in Poland)
Deadline: August 31, 2018
Youth from all over the world can apply for the Global Youth Video Competition 2018. The initiative, which is in its 4th edition, aims to highlight, through videos, climate action being taken by youth.
Are you 18-30 and taking part in activities to fight climate change? Send a 3 minute video for a chance to be a youth reporter at the UN Climate Change Conference in Poland in December.
The 2018 edition of the Global Youth Video Competition is co-organized by UN Climate Change, GEF-UNDP SGP and Connect4Climate, with support from BNP Paribas Foundation and the constituency of youth non-governmental organizations (YOUNGO). The competition will be implemented through the Television for Environment (tve) platform.
- Category One: Responsible production & consumption
- Category Two: Green and climate friendly jobs
Examples for the category ‘responsible production and consumption’ can include videos on initiatives to reduce unnecessary consumption, decrease emissions during the lifecycle of goods, promote sustainable fashion, or encourage the sharing economy and reuse of goods and materials. As for the category ‘green and climate friendly jobs’, submissions can include videos on work or entrepreneurship that contributes to a healthy economy and addresses climate change.
Two participants will be selected as winners to attend the Conference of Parties (COP 24) in Katowice, Poland, in December 2018. At the Conference, the videos will be showcased in front of a global audience and the winners will have the opportunity to work with UN Climate Change’s communications team covering highlights of the meeting.
- Round-trip travel to 24th session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 24) in Katowice, Poland, in December 2018
- Assignment as a youth reporter, assisting the UN Climate Change team with videos, articles and social media posts
- Open to youth from all over the world
- Be between 18 and 30 years of age
- Your video must be a maximum of three minutes
- Your video must be in English or have English subtitles
- You must be free and available to travel to Poland in December 2018
Please make sure any music or audio you use on your video is license free or you have acquired a license to use it.
To participate in the competition, it is necessary to submit a maximum 3-minute video on “responsible production and consumption” or “green and climate-friendly jobs”.
For more information, visit Global Youth Climate Video Competition.