Arab Council for the Social Sciences (ACSS) Small Grants Program 2018 (Up to $4,000)
Deadline: August 31, 2018
Apply for the Arab Council for the Social Sciences (ACSS) Small Grants Program 2018. The ACSS Small Grants Program is a funding opportunity that aims to support scholars and professionals in the Arab region in undertaking five kinds of activities: conference presentations, internships, pilot studies, dissemination events, and organizing workshops.
This competition is funded by grants provided to ACSS by the Ford Foundation and the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida). Small grants of $4,000 on average will be available to individual Arab researchers and activists residing in the Arab region, and whose work focuses on Arab societies. Grants are intended to provide support in a flexible and timely manner.
- Travel grants (conferences/workshops)
- Internship support
- Organizing workshops
- Pilot studies
- Dissemination events
- Applicants must be citizens of an Arab League member state or nationals of an Arab country (defined as long-term residents, even if they do not hold citizenship as in the case of refugees or stateless residents).
- Applicants must reside in the Arab region. This program does not fund applicants who reside, work, or study outside the region.
- Priority will be given to scholars and professionals who are marginalized, at risk, or dispossessed;
- Applicants must hold at least a Master’s degree in a core social science or a field allied to the themes of the Program. The core social science fields are anthropology, demography, economics, education, political science, psychology and sociology. Allied disciplines include architecture, cultural studies, development studies, gender studies, geography, law, and urban planning/studies;
- Preference will be given to applicants under the age of 40.
- Travel grants: Academic/professional value of conference, quality of paper/presentation
- Internships: Design of internship, quality of learning outcomes, relationship between internship and professional goals of applicant
- Workshops: Rationale for holding the event including its relationship to ongoing research/activism projects, well thought out criteria for participants invited and audiences targeted, presentation methods and organization of discussions, clear aims and outcomes
- Pilot studies: Innovative approaches to research, contribution to knowledge, proposed outputs, potential of the research to lead to larger research projects and new collaborations
- Dissemination events: Innovative dissemination strategy, scope of audience, involvement of external stakeholders
- Online application form
- Supplemental material specific to your particular funding request (see below)
- CV/Resume of applicant
- Budget request form
- Copy of passport or identification card
For more information, visit ACSS Small Grants Program.