Call for Volunteers: SEN-Africa Basic School Development Project 2018 in Ghana
Deadline: June 21, 2018
Social Entrepreneurs Network Africa (SEN-Africa) under the Basic School Education Project (BSDP), recruits volunteers drawn from the various professional backgrounds and tertiary institutions across the country to serve as volunteer teachers in rural Ghana. The project provides extra tuition to pupils. The project also trains school dropouts in essential economic skills such as bead making, pastry making among others.
The volunteer teachers will handle pupils from Primary 3 to Primary 6 with their academic work. The volunteers will also take the pupils through the 4 core subjects: English, Mathematics, Social Studies and Science as well subject areas they have difficulties in for 36 days. In all, 300 pupils are expected to benefit from the project. School dropouts identified in the community will be trained in skills such as bead making and other handicrafts.
The project is designed to benefit pupils in class 3 and JHS 3 in rural areas in Ghana. Specifically, this project will be in 10 communities in the Afram Plains North Constituencies. All pupils that fall within the class range in the 10 communities and are willing to participate are beneficiaries. It is expected that over 500 children benefit from this round of project. SENAfrica is keen on improving education in rural areas in Ghana through the Basic school development project. Therefore, for a successfully implementation of the project; we are requesting support from all benevolent individuals and organizations to partner the project. This will ensure effective project planning and implementation in rural communities in Ghana.
- Organize free vacation classes for basic school pupils in rural areas in Ghana.
- To equip and encourage pupils in rural areas to reach for their aspirations despite their present conditions.
- To train school dropouts in commercial skills to serve as stimulants for entrepreneurship
- Volunteers will receive certificates after the successful completion of the project.
- An opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children in rural communities in Afram Plains North District of Ghana .
- Join their network of Alumni from a diverse range of young professionals with a similar interests.
- Learn new skills and Boost your Career options.
- Participate in training in Social Entrepreneurship and planning and implementing a development intervention.
- BSDP is seeking individuals who are willing to offer their talents, creativity, and skills to help make a difference in the lives of disadvantaged children and undeserved communities across Ghana.
- Be Passionate about Children and community development.
- Aged between 18 and 35 years
- Must be able to communicate in English and any other local Ghanaian language preferably Twi or Ewe.
- Must have completed or currently enrolled in university, college of education or any other institution higher than Senior high school.
- Must be able to dedicate 1 month for this project
- Must be willing to adhere to all rules and regulations provided. *Must willing to live with a host family whilst on on the project
For more information, visit Basic School Development Project.