Call for Web Residencies 2018 by Solitude and ZKM – Refiguring the Feminist Future
Deadline: July 2, 2018
The Call is open for Web Residencies by Solitude & ZKM on the topic: Refiguring the Feminist Future curated by the Iranian artist Morehshin Allahyari. In 2016, Akademie Schloss Solitude launched the web residencies to encourage young talents on the international digital scene and artists from all disciplines dealing with web-based practices. ZKM has been program partner since 2017. For each call, the curator selects four project proposals whose creators receive a four-week residency and 500 USD.
The web residencies focus not on the finished art piece, but rather on process. Artists are invited to experiment with digital technologies and new art forms, and reflect on the topics set by the curators. Web residencies are carried out exclusively online, and the works are presented on schloss-post.com and web-residencies.zkm.de. They take place between July 9 – August 6.
This is a call for »the female future«. The feminism that is more than women; it is a philosophy of non-male, non-cis, non-white, non-western. All those people who have at one time or another been considered »less than« by the social systems that oppress them. This is a call for re-configuring reality towards other futures, so that we can collapse the political notion of linear space and time as an act of resistance.
This call is addressed to artists, activists, poets, writers, feminists and dreamers for challenging existing histories and speculative futures through storytelling and counter narrative imagining using web as their platform. It’s a call that asks: what does »the future is female« actually look like? It’s a call for crafting of the future that truly belongs to us.
For each call, the curator selects four project proposals, whose creators are rewarded with a four-week residency and 500 USD.
- Artists, activists, poets, writers, feminists and dreamers and students of all disciplines as well as former or current Solitude fellows may apply.
- There is no age limit.
- Web performances, web sculpture, various forms of Net art and online interactions.
- All types of work are accepted as long as they fit into the format of storytelling and fabulation: websites, videos, writing, 3D objects, music, or applications. If specific software or environments are needed, please contact them in advance.
Submit your project proposal in the form of:
- a headline
- a concept text in English (1,000–1,500 characters with spaces)
- a header image (high resolution, landscape format)
- a short bio in English (500 characters with spaces)
- a portfolio PDF (images, text, links)
Submit your content under this link.
For more information, visit Call for Web Residencies.