Deadline: July 5, 2018
Applications are open for the MultiChoice Talent Factory Film Skills Development Program 2018. The MultiChoice Talent Factory is an Africa-wide, multi-tiered training and experiential learning programme by MultiChoice Africa. It is designed to provide the African creative industry with a platform to learn, develop talent, engage and connect with each other through shared passions.
The MTF Academy offers eligible applicants who are passionate about telling their own stories a unique opportunity to improve their skills and ultimately contribute to the growth of the local and pan African film and broadcasting industries. The MTF Academy initiative will operate in Lagos, Federal Republic of Nigeria; Nairobi, Republic of Kenya and Lusaka, Republic of Zambia for 12 months, with a production break to be determined by MultiChoice at its sole discretion. The academy programme is planned to start in October 2018 and end in September 2019.
- MultiChoice Africa will be providing academy students with a fair and reasonable monthly stipend, calculated at industry standards and in line with MultiChoice Africa’s HR policies, to meet their living expenses. For students who need to relocate, a housing allowance and travelling costs will be provided. Further stipend amounts are set and are non-negotiable;
- If there is a professional need for a student to travel on academy related business and this travel has been approved by the Academy Director, then MultiChoice Africa will carry the costs (within reason) for these academy related excursions. If the reason for your travel is personal, then you would have to carry the cost for any such trip;
- There will be a short production break over the Christmas period and then a mid-year production break. Travel will be funded for qualifying students to return home. The length of the break is at sole discretion of the academies.
To be eligible to participate in the MTF Academy, applicants must:
- Have experience in the film industry;
- Be over 18 years of age;
- Be citizens and residents of the countries from which they are selected by MultiChoice to participate in the MTF Academy initiative, namely Angola, Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe;
- Be fluent in English in terms of speaking, reading and writing;
- Demonstrate passion for the drama, film, television or related media and entertainment industry during selection interviews; and
- Have completed a relevant qualification from an accredited and/or recognised tertiary education institution in drama, film, television or a related media field, within the last 2 years. For the avoidance of doubt, the said qualification must be obtained only from a post-secondary education institution which has been accredited or recognised by a relevant registered institution.
If you are driven, committed to developing your skills and interested in participating in the MTF Academy,
- You must register here
- Correctly and fully complete the online application form;
- Write an online motivation letter; and
- Collate and electronically submit all of the relevant supporting documents listed below:
- Your curriculum vitae; including contactable references
- Certified copy of academic transcripts or certificate from a tertiary institution; and/or
- You may also be required to provide references or any other documents that MultiChoice may stipulate.
- Your application must be submitted online by no later than the Closing Date and Time.
For more information, visit MultiChoice Talent Factory Film Skills Development Program.