Deadline: September 16, 2018
Entries are invited for the European Commission SME Week Youth Essay Competition 2018. The Youth Essay competition, organised by the European Commission Directorate General for Single Market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs, is launching for the third time and is looking for answers to the following question: “What steps should entrepreneurs and government take to become more innovative?”
By taking part in the Youth Essay Competition you have a chance to share your thoughts and opinions with key policymakers and entrepreneurs on a European platform. The three finalists will be announced in October ahead of SME Week and will compete at a grand finale in Graz as part of the SME Assembly, where they will present their essays and the final winner will be chosen via a public vote.
- An all-expenses paid trip to the SME Assembly in Graz, Austria for the three finalists, to present their essays to 500+ Assembly delegates
- Presentation training before delivering essay live on stage at the SME Assembly 2018
- Promotion of essays across SME Week social media channels
- Open to all 18 to 25 year olds from European Member States or COSME partners countries
- Essays should not exceed 2,500 words in length
- All essays must be in English
- Only one entry per applicant
List of COSME Partners Countries
Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Former Yugoslav, Republic of Macedonia, Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia, Turkey, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, Ukraine
For more information, visit European Commission Youth Essay Competition.