Call for Proposals: AmplifyChange Network Grants 2018 (Round 4)
Deadline: July 31, 2018
Applications are open for the AmplifyChange Network Grants Round 4. To contribute to the development of stronger and more inclusive movements for Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), AmplifyChange seeks proposals for Network grants. Networks create connections to help like-minded organisations strengthen and coordinate their impact, including finding strengths in diversity.
This funding round is primarily intended for southern-based organisations able to provide ongoing support, training, peer learning and mentoring to cohorts of small-to-medium civil society organisations working at the national level in a single country, or sub-national level in large, federal countries (such as Nigeria, India, Pakistan), or across multiple countries within a region.
Applications should propose an effective approach to ongoing monitoring and relationship-building with civil society organisations. This may include costs for:
- Inclusive leadership: advocates are stronger when they work together, but more resilient when actors can each stand-in-their-own-right. Successful advocacy gets the best from a combination of SRHR expertise and diverse connections. The network grant therefore supports efforts to coordinate campaigning across multiple organisations and their public supporter base
- Connecting and community-building: including but not exclusively physically convening, mentoring or facilitating exchanges as part of establishing a stronger community of professional advocates and emerging leaders to SRHR. This would help to create the development of professional identity and career pathways for emerging advocacy leaders
- Linking and learning: to support stronger learning within SRHR advocacy communities. We will support learning activities such as the sharing of best practice or the honest appraisal of failed initiatives. We will also support the production of evidence on advocacy impact and effectiveness of advocacy practice
Network grants range from EUR150,000 to EUR550,000 over 2 years.
The annual value of the grant cannot exceed 50% of the lead organisation’s average annual expenditure over the last 3 years. So, for example, if you are applying for a grant of EUR250,000 over 24 months and you would receive EUR125,000 each year, you would need to be able to demonstrate that the lead organisation’s average annual expenditure for the last 3 years was at least EUR250,000 per year.
They encourage applicants to provide realistic budgets to match their proposed approach.
The eligibility criteria refer solely to the lead applicant. They are:
- The applicant organisation must be registered in sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, or MENA (see eligible country list here)
- The project must be implemented in sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, MENA (see eligible country list above)
- The applicant organisation must have a bank account
- The annual value of the grant cannot exceed 50% of your organisation’s average annual expenditure over the last 3 years. So, for example, if you are applying for a grant of EUR250,000 over 24 months and you would receive EUR125,000 each year, you would need to be able to demonstrate that your organisation’s average annual expenditure for the last 3 years was at least EUR250,000 per year
- Organisations must have registration status that enables them to receive funds from foreign sources
- Organisations must have been registered for at least 3 years
- Please see “Enabling Southern-Led Advocacy” for eligibility of northern-led civil society organisations
Your project must respond to one or more of the AmplifyChange priorities which are:
- Addressing gender-based violence, including sexual violence and female genital mutilation, and ending child, early and forced marriage
- Addressing the causes of unsafe abortion, including criminalisation of abortion
- Challenging stigma, discrimination, attitudes and laws that undermine human rights, including on grounds of gender identity or sexual orientation, particularly LGBTI (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex) individuals
- Increasing access to comprehensive reproductive health services for socially and economically marginalised and vulnerable people
- Improving sexual health of young people and girls, including through comprehensive sexuality education and ending child, early and forced marriage and menstrual hygiene management
Therefore, they will support:
- community groups
- non-governmental organisations
- indigenous groups
- charitable organisations
- faith-based organisations
- research institutes
- social enterprise groups
- public-private partnerships
- media groups
- professional associations
To access the online application form please do the following:
- Read the Criteria here.
- Go to the AmplifyChange grants dashboard
- Click on the button: ‘Begin Application’
- This will take you through a series of eligibility checks. If you are eligible you will be able to access the online application form.
- The online concept note form must be completed online. You will be able to download a PDF of the application at any point during your submission, however this PDF cannot be edited.
Secondly, AmplifyChange will notify groups of the outcome of the concept note stage. Groups invited to submit full applications will receive further guidance on any requirements in relation to preparation of full applications.
If you need any support when submitting your application, email: [email protected]
For more information, visit AmplifyChange.