Deadline: August 31, 2018
Applications for the European Commission Blue Book Traineeship Program 2018 are now open. Each year the European Commission offers 2 five month, paid traineeships, for 1,300 trainees; administrative or translation. Starting on March 1 or October 1, trainees gain hands-on experience of EU policy making in a multicultural environment.
Trainees work all over the European Commission/Services/Agencies mostly in Brussels, but also in Luxembourg and across the European Union. The content of the job depends on the service you are assigned to. You may, for example, work in the field of competition law, human resources, environmental policy etc.
Trainees daily work consists of:
- Attending and organising meetings, working groups, forums, public hearings
- Researching and compiling documentation, reports, consultations, answering queries
- Running projects
- The living allowance for the traineeship will be €1,176.83 per month;
- Visa costs and related medical fees may be reimbursed together with the travel expenditures
The traineeship programme is open to university graduates who:
- Have a university degree or equivalent, of at least 3 years of study, corresponding to a complete cycle (Bachelor’s);
- Have a very good knowledge (C level as per the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) of two EU official languagues, one of which must be a procedural language: English or French or German. For non EU nationals only one procedural language is required.
- Have no prior work experience of any kind, in excess of 6 weeks in any EU institution, body or agency, EU delegations, with Members of Parliament (MEPs) or Advocates General at the EUCJ.
Every single application is assessed on the basis of academic profile, language skills and additional qualities, such as international profile, work experience, publications and motivation. A ranking is then established and around 2000 candidates with the highest scores are pre-identified for the Virtual Blue Book.
For more information, visit European Commission Blue Book Traineeship.