Deadline: September 10, 2018
Applications are open for the 3rd annual Yenching Social Innovation Forum, held at the Yenching Academy of Peking University in Beijing, China from December 7 – 9, 2018. The Yenching Social Innovation Forum (YSIF) is an annual flagship event hosted by Yenching Academy of Peking University. With $45,000+ in funding and focus on the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), YSIF convenes young leaders and innovators to develop and share ideas for solving the world’s toughest problems.
The Yenching Social Innovation Forum is a three-day event that brings together young innovators from around the world to brainstorm solutions to some of the most pressing issues facing China and the world. The forum will consist of a series of workshops, keynote speakers, networking events, and site visits hosted by individuals and organizations who are leaders in social innovation.
Inspired by the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals 3, 8, and 11, they invite young innovators to Beijing to learn, network, and pitch solutions for “Smarter Living: Cities, Jobs, and Health for the Future.”
Every YSIF delegate must also bring a “potential solution” for at least 1 of the 3 U.N. SDGs in this year’s theme: SDG 3 (Good Health & Well Being), SDG 8 (Decent Work & Economic Growth), and SDG 11 (Sustainable Cities & Communities). Your “solution” can take many forms (a startup, non-profit, civic campaign, etc.) at ANY stage of development (design, implementation, funding stage, etc.). Or, it can just be an idea you would like to implement, given time and resources. During YSIF, delegates will share their solutions in a pitch competition, receiving feedback from experts and innovators. The questions at the end of this form ask you to describe your solution.
- Meet business leaders. Improve presentation skills. Get expert feedback. Building on the success of the YSIF ‘16 and YSIF 17 conferences, the 3-day YSIF ‘18 program will feature a pitch competition with prizes for top ideas, cross-cultural networking, and workshops led by multi-sector entrepreneurs and VCs from Greater China and abroad. After the conference, delegates will join a talented global community of YSIF alumni and gain access to online channels.
- Partners. Networking. Media exposure. YSIF has built a partnership with Young Sustainable Impact (YSI), a recognized youth innovation non-profit based in Norway, and is an official member organization of SDSN Youth, a global network for educating and mobilizing youth to achieve the SDGs. Delegates can explore professional opportunities with these partners. YSIF has also been featured in media by CGTN, the Beijing Energy Network, and Qdero.
- Visit a world-leading city. YSIF takes advantage of China’s unique position as a rapidly developing economy facing a range of social and sustainable development challenges. Beijing is both a political capital and a hub of higher education and technology development, making the city a prime location for YSIF ‘18 delegates to connect and innovate.
Transportation to and from Beijing, hotel accommodations, meals, and conference materials will all be accounted for by the Yenching Academy of Peking University. Participants will have to bear visa expenses and other personal expenses.
- YSIF welcomes applications from students (college and above), professionals, and entrepreneurs from around the world.
- They especially encourage applicants with interests or work related to the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals and the YSIF ‘18 theme.
- YSIF is geared towards creative people who will share and pitch business ideas.
- You must be between 18 and 30 years old as of September 10, 2018.
Please contact us if you have questions regarding eligibility.
Should you have any other questions, e-mail us at ycas[email protected]. They will get back to you as soon as possible.
For more information, visit Yenching Social innovation Forum.