GYBN Regional Youth Capacity Building Workshop for Asia 2018 (Funded)
Deadline: August 31, 2018
Applications are invited for the GYBN Regional Youth Capacity Building Workshop for Asia 2018. The workshop aims to strengthen the capacity of young leaders to take action in support of National Biodiversity Strategies and Actions Plan and to contribute towards the achievement of the Aichi Biodiversity Targets.
Participants will take part in team building, networking and training sessions in international biodiversity conservation policy, mobilization, advocacy, campaign skills and project management to create or enhance existing projects that directly contribute to the Aichi Biodiversity Targets and the implementation of NBSAPs. The workshop for Asia will be held in partnership with the Telangana Forest Department in Hyderabad, India in mid-October 2018 (exact dates to be confirmed but likely from October 14 to 20).
- Travel, accommodation, and limited food expenses will be funded for successful applicants who are based in Asia. Visa costs will be covered on a case by case basis. Flights will only be funded for travel within Asia.
- Applicants must be a registered GYBN member by the start of the application period;
- Be between 18 – 35 years old;
- Show commitment to biodiversity conservation with a previous track record showing such engagement;
- Be an active member or coordinator of a youth organization/network/community that is active on Biodiversity on the local/national or regional level;
- Possess the time and ability to share knowledge gained from the workshop, including implementing workshop outcomes and replicating workshop model at the national/local level;
- The applicant’s biodiversity-related work has to be based in the region in which a workshop is held. However, the applicant need not be a citizen of a country of that region.
Applicants should fill out the application form and have a digital copy of CV and digital copy of Passport available. Send a PDF copy of your CV and the identification page of your passport to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The title of your document should be LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_CV.pdf and LASTNAME_FIRSTNAME_PASSPORT.pdf
For more information, visit GYBN Regional Youth Capacity Building Workshop.