MEST Africa Entrepreneurial Training Program 2019 for Pan-African Tech Entrepreneurs (fully sponsored)
Deadline: February 8, 2019
The MEST Africa Entrepreneurial Training Program 2019 is open for applications. Apply to join the next cohort of aspiring Pan-African tech entrepreneurs for a 1-year training program, access to global mentors, and the chance to receive seed funding.
MEST offers a fully sponsored 12-month graduate-level entrepreneurial training in business, communications and software development, including extensive hands-on project work, culminating in a final pitch and the chance to receive seed funding.
The year-long training programme provides Entrepreneurs-in-Training (EITs) with MBA-level entrepreneurship training in business, software development and communications. While diving deep into fundamental business and technology concepts, EITs complete 3 Capstones per year – they form teams, come up with an idea, build and validate a product, attain customers and pitch the idea in front of our board. The year culminates in a final exam in the form of an investor pitch, after which some companies will receive seed funding and enter the MEST Incubator.
Successful applicants have the following:
- A deep passion for starting a software company
- Entrepreneurial or corporate work experience
- A degree from a top University or Technical College (or equivalent experience)
They’re looking for ambitious, driven entrepreneurs looking to build the next generation of globally successful software companies.
- People who have:
- An entrepreneurial spirit and strong desire to start a company
- Demonstrated personal drive, stamina, and self-motivation
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Ability to work well in teams
- Ability to communicate candidly and persuasively
- Confidence and independent thinking
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Proven academic excellence
- Excellent people skills
- They’re looking for business-oriented applicants who are interested in learning how to start a software company.
- While it’s not a requirement to have previous coding experience, a strong interest in learning about technology is a must.
- They’ve designed the MEST programme to give you the business and technical skills you’ll need to start a successful company.
Do you have what it takes to launch your own globally successful software company? Go ahead to start your application!
For more information, visit MEST Africa.