Deadline: October 15, 2018
Millennium Oceans Prize on SDG 14 2018 is now open. Now in its fourth year, the Millennium Oceans Prize supports and celebrate students who are passionate about conserving, protecting, and sustainably using oceans, seas, and marine water and life.
The Millennium Oceans Prize targets Sustainable Development Goal 14 by celebrating youth activists who are focused on enriching their communities through advancing marine and freshwater conservation and sustainable use of marine resources. Prize winners will recieve mentorship and a $5,000 prize for implementation of a concrete campaign idea to spark change and garner support in advocacy, policy, and leadership for oceans and freshwater systems.
They are looking for campaign ideas that are concrete and can rally your peers to mobilize in this sector. How can you engage youth leaders on other campuses and in communities across the globe to fight for and champion advocacy and leadership for the oceans, freshwater systems, sustainable fishing, and marine conservation? Your campaign could take shape through activism, social entrepreneurship, or research. How will you mobilize your community and inspire youth leaders world-wide to take part in the fight for sustainable practices that protect our oceans and freshwater systems?
The best part of this prize is the opportunity to cultivate a community of peers who care just as much about the oceans and marine resources as you do. Here are the specifics:
- Up to $5,000 to implement your winning campaign
- Mentorship and support from MCN
- Co-curate campaign action groups, mobilizing and coordinating with peers who are passionate about SDG 14
- Write for our media partners about your campaign
- Co-curate global webinars with the MCN and the Remmer Family Foundation during the academic year to keep peers engaged and involved.
- Young leaders who have demonstrated the ability to galvanize peers and sustain active engagement for a full academic year.
- Although the campaigns will be time-bound, their impact should pave the way for the next series of student movements to transpire.
- Currently they are accepting proposals for Campaigns in the categories of Oceans.
For more information, visit Millennium Oceans Prize.