Deadline: March 15, 2019
Applications for the FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards 2019 are now open. The FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards, the leading global programme that highlights innovative, long-term private-sector solutions to major development challenges, returns for a sixth year with a special category focused on harnessing technology for people with disabilities.
The focus of the Award is on specific projects and transactions and the impact those initiatives have or promise to have on the problems they are targeting. While the focus of all categories is on transformational impact in developing economies, the awards are also open to projects that address similar market deficiencies in the developed world and that could be replicated in severely under-supplied regions.
The following core award categories for 2019 are now open for entries:
- Transformational Solutions in Urban Infrastructure
- Transformational Solutions in Food, Water and Land
- Transformational Solutions in Health, Wellness and Disease Prevention
- Transformational Solutions in Education, Knowledge and Skills
- Special Award: Innovating for Disability
The winners of the following Overall Awards will be selected by our esteemed judging panel from those short-listed for the above core categories:
- Overall Award: Excellence in Disruptive Technologies
- Overall Award: Excellence in Climate Solutions
- Overall Award: Excellence in Transformational Finance
- Overall Award: Excellence in Transformational Business
If your entry is short-listed in one of the awards categories:
- Your organisation and the initiative that has been short-listed will be promoted in an advertisement in the global FT newspaper and through FT Live social media channels
- You will be invited to attend the FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards dinner, where the winners in each category will be announced.
- All short-listed entries are presented in detail at the Awards dinner before the winners are revealed. You will also be able to network with other organisations short-listed for the awards.
If the judging panel selects your entry as a winner in one of the categories:
- Your organisation and the award-winning initiative will be promoted in an advertisement in the global FT newspaper and through FT Live social media channels
- A summary of your entry will be featured on the Awards website
- Open to all financial and non-financial private sector organisations. Start-ups with innovative solutions and a clear roadmap to financial sustainability are encouraged to apply.
- Productive sector companies, investment institutions, and advisory firms involved in projects addressing key challenges in urbanisation, technology and sustainability with respect to developing economies, including:
- Infrastructure developers
- Energy companies
- Engineering companies
- Technology companies
- Healthcare providers
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Design houses
- Pension funds
- Sovereign wealth funds
- Life insurance companies
- Private equity firms
- Investment banks
- Fund managers
For more information, visit FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards.