North-West University Multilingual Speech Technologies (MuST) Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019
Deadline: Rolling Basis
Applications are open for the North-West University Multilingual Speech Technologies (MuST) Postdoctoral Fellowship 2019. The fellowship at MuST offers you an environment in which to develop your research skills, collaborate and publish internationally, and grow your own research profile.
You will work in collaboration with a supervisor and participate fully in the research programme of the group. You will interact with NWU’s postgraduate students too, and potentially act as co-supervisor for research masters and doctoral students. The fellowship is driven by merit and is awarded in line with the NWU policy on employment equity. The position is offered at one of two locations: Potchefstroom at the Faculty of Engineering, and Hermanus at the MuST research lab.
Value of Fellowship
The fellowship will be awarded for an initial period of one year, and is renewable for a second and third year, contingent upon available funding, satisfactory performance on the research project(s) as agreed with the fellowship advisor and productive integration into the research group.
- The grant will fund the successful candidate at R300,000 per annum, non-taxable.
- A further maximum amount of R20,000 per annum will be made available for running costs.
- An once off amount to a maximum of R20,000 will be made available for relocation costs.
- You will be required to purchase private medical cover unless you can show evidence of suitable existing cover. Assistance in this regard can be provided by the International office.
- Open to South African and international applicants;
- If you have recently obtained a PhD in a related Engineering/Scientific field and have an interest in machine learning, deep neural networks, statistical pattern recognition and/or generalisation within the context of Artificial Intelligence, you are encouraged to apply;
- Have a strong programming and/or scripting skills (especially Python, C++);
- Good technical writing skills and a sound publication record;
- Ability to co-supervise students;
- Self-motivated individual with strong interpersonal skills;
- Prior machine learning experience is a distinct advantage.
Send your CV and a short motivation of why you are interested in a postdoctoral fellowship at MuST to email@example.com.
For more information, visit NWU MuST Fellowship.