Deadline: July 31, 2021
Applications are invited for the Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT) Tanzania Community Leadership Program 2021. Through the Community Leadership pillar of Daring to Shift, DOT supports young women and men to become leaders in their communities through real-world placements where they run skills development programs in their own communities.
During the 12-month placement with DOT Tanzania, Community Leaders will support the implementation of the Digital Business pillar of DOT’s Daring to Shift project. The Digital Business program supports youth business owners with small and informal businesses to identify and leverage relevant technology to improve their business outcomes.
The Digital Business Program participants trained by Community Leaders develop competencies in ICT literacy, gender equality, entrepreneurship, and 21st-century skills with practical application to their business and their goals as business owners. They also develop connections to networks of peers, mentors, and business support organizations.
- Young women and men in the community leadership program will build competencies in facilitation, coaching and mentoring, digital literacy, gender equality, and 21st-century skills; they will also be equipped with the tools to take control of their livelihoods.
- When they complete the program, youth leverage their leadership skills and real-world experience to access meaningful jobs and opportunities.
- In addition, the Community Leaders will advocate for equal access to digital skills in their communities and participate in national and international events to present the voices of young women and men on addressing the digital divide among youth, especially for women.
- The Community Leaders will also support research efforts to obtain data to support DOT programs and case studies to showcase the digital inclusion impact being made to other youth in communities.
- DOT Tanzania will support the Community Leaders with a monthly stipend, communication, and transport allowances throughout their placement period.
- Applicants must be Tanzanian nationals, aged 21-34 years.
- Applicants must be fully available for the duration of the placement period: October 1, 2021 to September 30, 2022.
- Applicants must be academically trained and graduated at Certificate, Diploma or Bachelors’ level with the ability to use basic computer applications, competency in Digital Marketing, E-Commerce, Business, and Financial Management.
- Applicants must be excellent communicators in English and Kiswahili, self-directed, analytical, motivated, and team players.
- Applicants must own/have access to a fully functioning smartphone and laptop.
- Applicants must have a Tanzanian Shillings bank account.
- Applicants must have a National ID (NIDA) or a NIDA Number.
Before you apply, record a 1-minute video stating why you should be selected to become a DOT Tanzania Community Leader 2021/2022. Be creative. You will need to upload this video in the form.
For more information, visit DOT Tanzania.