Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarship 2021 for Students tackling Hunger in the U.S. (Up to $10,000)
Deadline: December 5, 2021
Applications are open for the Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarship 2021. The Scholarship is designed to recognize and reward the great steps students are taking to fight hunger in communities across the United States.
These young people are creating awareness and mobilizing peers in their communities to be catalysts for change. The scholarship awardees comprise a wide variety of students, ages 5 to 25, who are recognized at the national level and hail from across the country. The scholarship is named for the Foundation’s founder and former president, Steve Brady, who was an unstoppable champion in the fight to end hunger.
- Scholarship winners receive a $5,000 scholarship and a $5,000 grant for their hunger-related charity.
- All applicants must be enrolled in an accredited educational institution (kindergarten through graduate school) in the United States. All applicants must be ages 5-25 and meet the age requirement by Oct. 5, 2021.
- All applicants must have demonstrated on-going commitment to their community by performing unpaid volunteer services impacting hunger in the United States within the last 12 months.
- All applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the United States who reside in the contiguous United States, Alaska, and Hawaii only.
- Volunteer services performed by applicant must help non-family members.
- If applicant is selected as a potential national Stephen J. Brady Stop Hunger Scholarship recipient, in order to be confirmed as a winner, the student’s parent or legal guardian must sign an Affidavit of Eligibility and Assignment of Rights.
- Scholarship funds awarded to winners must be used for tuition and related fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for courses at an accredited post-secondary education institution.
Applications close on December 5, 2021. Winners will be notified in March 2022, and a list of all winners will be posted on www.HelpStopHunger.org in June.
For more information, visit Stop Hunger Scholarship.