Call for Stories: Africana Futurism – Speculative Fiction from Africa 2022 ($1,000 prize)
Deadline: April 15, 2022
Pollicy is pleased to announce a Call for Stories for the Africana Futurism – Speculative Fiction from Africa 2022. For this collection, they are interested in how Africans today living on the continent are exploring, navigating and interacting with digital technologies.
At Pollicy, they believe literature to be an important way through which their longings, desires and identities are shared and built. Exploring the ways Africans today view technology could therefore improve their understanding of how to build inclusive and empowering technology which would be beneficial to all. These stories will go a long way, to document the contributions of Africans to advancing technology for Africa. They welcome submissions of all kinds of fiction centering the relationship between Africans and technology in the past, present and future.
Prizes will be awarded to the top 3 manuscripts and the top 15 manuscripts will be accepted for publication in their collection.
- 1st prize: US$1,000
- 2nd prize: US$500
- 3rd prize: US$250
- Africans within or outside Africa may submit;
- Applicants must be between the ages of 16 – 27 at the time of submission;
- Plagiarism is strictly prohibited.
- Stories should be focused on Africa and Africans experiences with technology.
- Manuscripts should be no more than 5,000 words.
- Manuscripts should be written in Times New Roman, 12pt font, 1.5 spacing.
- Manuscripts may be submitted in doc, docx formats only.
- Only previously unpublished works may be submitted.
- Only one manuscript per author should be submitted.
For more information, visit Pollicy.