Imagine Peace Summer Camp 2016 – Athens, Greece
Deadline: March 1, 2016
The Imagine Peace Summer Camp is organised by the International Olympic Truce Centre and the British Council, under the auspices of the United Nations Office on Sport for Development and Peace. The Summer Camp will take place in International Olympic Academy Facilities in Ancient Olympia, Greece, from July 25 until July 30, 2016.
The aim of the summer camp is to engage young people in interactive workshops and sport activities that promote the Olympic Values (Respect, Excellence and Friendship) as well as peace, intercultural dialogue and respect for diversity. The programme is in English and it is based on reciprocal learning situations among participants and will make use of a variety of working methods. The summer camp will provide a unique experience to almost 50 participants from more than 15 countries from all over the world.
- The assisted places scheme covers all programme costs within Greece including accommodation, meals and transport between Athens and Ancient Olympia. Participants are expected to cover their own international travel costs to and from Athens and any related personal expenses.
- Be between the ages of 17 and 25;
- Be able to communicate in English;
- Be available and fully committed to taking part in the Imagine Peace Summer Camp;
- Be involved in youth or community projects in their own community and be motivated to implement youth initiatives for peace building following the event;
- Be curious, open-minded and appreciative of diversity.
To apply, complete Online Application Form.
For more information, visit Imagine Peace Summer Camp.