Postdoctoral Research Fellowship – University of Oslo, Norway
Deadline: February 29, 2016
A Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is available at the Department of Mathematics of the University of Oslo. The fellowship period is for two years, with a starting date as soon as possible and no later than April 1, 2016. No one can be appointed for more than one fixed-term period at the same institution.
This position is connected with a research project: Stochastic Conservation Laws (“STOCOLA”), funded by the Research Council of Norway. An overall goal of the project is to develop concepts and techniques for the analysis of random phenomena modeled by nonlinear stochastic partial differential equations with solutions possessing low regularity (mixed hyperbolic-parabolic equations with shock waves). This will be carried out through a combination of mathematical and numerical analysis. It will involve several branches of mathematics, including partial differential equations, functional analysis, and stochastic analysis. The fellow will perform research within one or more of the work packages of STOCOLA’s research plan.
- Pay grade: 57 – 65 (NOK 483 700 – 560 700) per year, depending on qualifications and seniority.
- In accordance with the University of Oslo’s equal opportunities policy, applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity will be considered.
- The Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences has a strategic ambition of being a leading research faculty. Candidates for these fellowships are expected to be in the upper segment of their class with respect to academic credentials.
- The candidate must have a PhD or other corresponding education equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree, with emphasis on partial differential equations, stochastic analysis, and numerical analysis.
- The main purpose of postdoctoral research fellowships is to qualify researchers for work in top academic positions within their disciplines. Please also refer to the regulations pertaining to the conditions of employment for postdoctoral fellowship positions.
- A good command of English is required.
- Complete Application Form.
- The application must include:
- Application letter;
- CV (summarizing education, positions and academic work – scientific publications);
- Copies of educational certificates, transcript of records and letters of recommendation;
- List of publications and academic work that the applicant wishes to be considered by the evaluation committee;
- Documentation of English proficiency;
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number).
For more information, visit Postdoctoral Fellowship in Mathematics.