Total Energy Summer School 2016 (Fully-funded)
Deadline: April 15, 2016
Do you want to join 80 fellow students as well as leading faculty from around the world for four days of stimulating learning and discussion on the energy industry? Apply for the Total Energy Summer School (TESS) 2016.
The Total Energy Summer School (TESS) is your chance to join a dynamic community of current and future energy leaders, working with industry stakeholders and leading academics and experts. The programme for the Summer School will focus on new global challenges and their impact on both the energy sector and the world of education. Through a stimulating mix of lectures and group activities, students will work together with educators and industry stakeholders to explore the energy of the future.
The Summer School will take place in Fontainebleau (near Paris), France, from 10 to 13 July 2016.
This innovative programme promises four days of intensive and thought-provoking intellectual challenge and personal development. Through a stimulating mix of lectures and group activities, 80 students from around the world will work alongside academic and industry thought leaders to explore the energy of the future. This is a unique opportunity for high-ability students to:
- Increase and share their knowledge of the energy industry
- Interact with senior thinkers and leaders in the field
- Develop intercultural skills, and experience working with a truly international group
- Build a network of senior and peer contacts in the sector
To be considered for a place at TESS, funded by Total, you will need:
- To be at or above the age of majority in your country
- To be registered as a student at a recognised degree awarding institution
- To have an excellent level of speaking and understanding in English
- To be able to demonstrate your interest in energy and motivation to attend the event
- To be available for travel (at Total’s expense) to France from 10 to 13 July 2016
Students from any discipline can apply for a place at TESS, and we encourage students from every profile and background to apply. Priority will be given to students in the final year of their Bachelors degree or enrolled in a Masters degree programme
All costs related to participants’ attendance at the Total Energy Summer School will paid for by Total. This includes insurance, visas, economy flights and transfers to your accommodation, and all meals.
Total will not cover personal expenses (i.e. any additional spending money) or travel not related to attending TESS.
How to Apply
To apply for one of 80 places for students at the Total Energy Summer School, you must complete three simple steps. On the Total Energy Summer School registration page, you need to:
- Complete your profile, and accept the data protection statement
- Answer 3 questions about your motivation and your achievements
- Successfully complete a 10 question quiz about Total and the energy sector
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and places per country are limited so it is strongly recommended to apply as soon as possible