Call for Mentees: Vital Voices/Bank of America Global Ambassadors Program 2018 in New York City (Fully-funded)
Deadline: January 12, 2018
Applications are now open for the Global Ambassadors Program to be held in New York City, March 19-23, 2018. The Global Ambassadors Program (GAP) is designed for women entrepreneurs – providing mentorship, training and a network of support to help grow your business and your personal development. It includes one-on-one mentoring sessions and strategic workshops focused on building organizational management, financial acumen and leadership skills. This program provides a unique opportunity for women leaders in business and social enterprise to invest in themselves and their leadership journey.
The Global Ambassadors Program will address the ongoing needs and challenges facing women leaders engaged in the private sector and social enterprise from the United States and around the world. It will underscore the critical function that women can and must play in moving economies forward and highlight the role of women as drivers of innovation and socio-economic growth.
The program is a partnership between Vital Voices, a leading NGO in women’s leadership and development and Bank of America, based on a shared belief in the need to invest in women who are creating economic and social progress around the world.
All travel, meals and accommodation costs for mentees participating in this program are covered in full by the Global Ambassadors Program.
You will receive:
- One week in-person training program in New York City including:
- Strategic Planning for Business Growth
- Human Resource Management
- Communications workshops including Branding & Marketing, Social Media and Public Speaking
- Financial Management and Access to Capital
- A 1:1 mentoring relationship with an established woman executive. Previous mentors include: Susan Chambers, Executive Vice President, Global People Division Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.; Deborah Dugan, Chief Executive Officer, RED and Donna Langley, Chairman, Universal Pictures.
- Inclusion in the Vital Voices network of more than 15,000 women from 181 countries and territories around the world.
- Opportunity for cross-cultural exchange with women from around the globe.
- Participation in a half-day Global Forum, a thought leadership event and networking opportunity to engage with invited guests including business and community leaders.
- Opportunities for your business/organization to be profiled via digital channels, social media and in earned media coverage
- On-going support and mentorship, specific to your needs, through the Global Ambassadors Program for 1+ year
- Mentees will be women who are business owners, entrepreneurs or social entrepreneurs from the United States and around the world.
- A woman entrepreneur who owns a majority stake in a qualifying business, is the key decision maker in the business and manages it on a day-to-day basis
- A minimum of 10-20 years of experience in a professional setting.
- The applicant must have worked in her existing organization / enterprise for at least 5-7 years
- Proficient in English
- Demonstrate a commitment to the core principles of the “Vital Voices’ Leadership Model” – Innovative, collaborative, and driven by a clear sense of mission; engaged in their communities and are committed to advancing the status of women and girls.
- Demonstrate high-potential for leadership and a desire to take on leadership roles both within and outside their companies
- For profit or social entrepreneur (for this program, a social enterprise is a for-profit business with a social mission)
- Should have a minimum annual revenue of at least US$ 250,000 and a maximum annual revenue of US$ 10 million
- The United States and all other countries (please note that for the US-based mentees, preference will be given to applicants from the New York metropolitan area)
Not Eligible for this Program
- Non-Profit or Non-Governmental organizations (NGO’s)
- Start Up or early stage businesses Evaluation x10-12 applicants will be chosen to participate and notified in early February, 2018.
Applications will be assessed to determine participants based on a variety of factors, including the following considerations:
- Ability to commit to the entire week of in-person program, training, mentorship and pre-event webinars – no exceptions
- Submitted Business Plan and identified needs for development
- Alignment with the Vital Voices Leadership model
- Geographic dispersion of selected participants
- Willingness to accept feedback and coaching from mentors
- Ability to implement change within her business/organization
10-12 applicants will be chosen to participate and notified in early February, 2018.
Apply online today.
For more information, visit Global Ambassadors Program.